Saints to stock book after all

First published in Sport

Saints have reversed the “devastating” decision not to stock the latest book published by the club’s official historians.

All the Saints hit the shelves back in November, but had been conspicuous by its absence from the club stores.

The book profiles every single one of the thousand-plus players who have ever featured for Saints.

It is the most comprehensive piece of work ever produced by Hagiology Publishing, a collective made up of Saints’ official historians.

However, despite the club having always traditionally stocked their books, they did not put any copies of their latest effort on sale.

But, following recent changes at St Mary’s, that stance has been quickly altered.

Duncan Holley, who produced the book with Gary Chalk and David Bull, welcomed the club’s decision.

“We are relieved that the club has reversed its decision not to stock All the Saints,” he said.

“Not only because it is important that they embrace their history, but also that they help promote it.

“As fans and historians, it means a lot to us that the book has been so highly praised by many neutrals up and down the country, and it was devastating for us when the club abruptly turned their back on it.

“Whoever owns and runs Southampton Football Club in the future, we wish them all the luck and success possible, but one aspect that is sacrosanct is our historical heritage.

“The fans are the true custodians of the past and we hope, now that there appears to be a new broom sweeping the corridors of St Mary’s, there will always be a genuine consideration for what went before.”

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:57am Mon 10 Feb 14

warrens 76 says...

Now the club just need to listen to the fans abit (lot) more treat us a part of te family, force the ticket staff to respects us, remove petty car park charges for wanting to visit the shop and feed us edible food and drink supplied by non cretins!
Now the club just need to listen to the fans abit (lot) more treat us a part of te family, force the ticket staff to respects us, remove petty car park charges for wanting to visit the shop and feed us edible food and drink supplied by non cretins! warrens 76
  • Score: 10

10:13am Mon 10 Feb 14

Positively4thStreet says...

Glasnost arrives at St Mary's.
Glasnost arrives at St Mary's. Positively4thStreet
  • Score: 10

10:41am Mon 10 Feb 14

Santa Retfordia says...

I'd love to know why it was banned. Did it have a little section on Franny Benali or something?

I'm glad we've chilled out a bit about things like this.
I'd love to know why it was banned. Did it have a little section on Franny Benali or something? I'm glad we've chilled out a bit about things like this. Santa Retfordia
  • Score: 14

10:56am Mon 10 Feb 14

Strasbourg Saint says...

For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 10

11:28am Mon 10 Feb 14

Stnana says...

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
[quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ? Stnana
  • Score: 3

12:53pm Mon 10 Feb 14

oldsaintsfan says...

Got a copy (as well as a few of their other Saints focused books) - Not every one is interested in the past (maybe you become more nostalgic wit age) but I would recommend them to any Saints fan who has an interest in the clubs history.
Got a copy (as well as a few of their other Saints focused books) - Not every one is interested in the past (maybe you become more nostalgic wit age) but I would recommend them to any Saints fan who has an interest in the clubs history. oldsaintsfan
  • Score: 9

1:33pm Mon 10 Feb 14

ToastyTea says...

Is good stuff but the Duncan bloke is bit rude and ignored questions on Saintsweb about how the decision was reversed and who he spoke to at the club etc which several people were interested in.
Is good stuff but the Duncan bloke is bit rude and ignored questions on Saintsweb about how the decision was reversed and who he spoke to at the club etc which several people were interested in. ToastyTea
  • Score: 1

1:36pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Burt HInkler says...

The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale.

You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore.
The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale. You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore. Burt HInkler
  • Score: 12

2:03pm Mon 10 Feb 14

TEBOURBA says...

Good taste and sense returns to SFC now the shyster has left and thank God that useless ignorant, ill tempered excuse for a footballer OSVALDO is going too!.
SFC is better than both!
Good taste and sense returns to SFC now the shyster has left and thank God that useless ignorant, ill tempered excuse for a footballer OSVALDO is going too!. SFC is better than both! TEBOURBA
  • Score: -4

2:25pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Puddletown Saint says...

I agree with many comments above. Saints had always been a very friendly, family club until NC came in. Nobody would deny he took us places but the club as a business had become very rude, from ticket office to the stewards etc. So lovely to hear that this old atmosphere seems to returning although alas not the taste of the food.
I agree with many comments above. Saints had always been a very friendly, family club until NC came in. Nobody would deny he took us places but the club as a business had become very rude, from ticket office to the stewards etc. So lovely to hear that this old atmosphere seems to returning although alas not the taste of the food. Puddletown Saint
  • Score: 8

3:06pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Sarfhampton2 says...

Burt HInkler wrote:
The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale.

You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore.
I noticed that about the parking, you now get an hour free instead of 15 mins.
[quote][p][bold]Burt HInkler[/bold] wrote: The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale. You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore.[/p][/quote]I noticed that about the parking, you now get an hour free instead of 15 mins. Sarfhampton2
  • Score: 6

5:14pm Mon 10 Feb 14

warrens 76 says...

Sarfhampton2 wrote:
Burt HInkler wrote:
The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale.

You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore.
I noticed that about the parking, you now get an hour free instead of 15 mins.
Generous to a fault with our fans is the club NOT..
I have been going since 67 and SFC has always had a terrible attiude towards fans, loathe really loathe as I am to admit it portsmuff do like their fans and community in general..
..the may not be able to run a pi55 up in a brewery but they club and fans are as one!
[quote][p][bold]Sarfhampton2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Burt HInkler[/bold] wrote: The reason why the club blocked its sale was because it was originally planned to be launched at the club. Many former players invited to its launch and that included Francis Benali. The club found out he was invited and told the historians he was banned from SMS. The ex saints association then decided to move the book launch to the holiday inn west quay. The former operations director then vindictively banned the book from sale. You can now park free at SMS if you are buying tickets or going in the megastore.[/p][/quote]I noticed that about the parking, you now get an hour free instead of 15 mins.[/p][/quote]Generous to a fault with our fans is the club NOT.. I have been going since 67 and SFC has always had a terrible attiude towards fans, loathe really loathe as I am to admit it portsmuff do like their fans and community in general.. ..the may not be able to run a pi55 up in a brewery but they club and fans are as one! warrens 76
  • Score: 0

5:21pm Mon 10 Feb 14

lowe esteem says...

Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts.
Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club.
I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please.
Bah Humbug St Nic indeed!
Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts. Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club. I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please. Bah Humbug St Nic indeed! lowe esteem
  • Score: 1

6:52pm Mon 10 Feb 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

Stnana wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .
[quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?[/p][/quote]Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. . OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: -1

6:57pm Mon 10 Feb 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Stnana wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .
By the way the book is excellent, although a bit expensive and it makes a good door stop or table prop.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?[/p][/quote]Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .[/p][/quote]By the way the book is excellent, although a bit expensive and it makes a good door stop or table prop. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

7:23pm Mon 10 Feb 14

dadofmy3sons says...

lowe esteem wrote:
Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts.
Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club.
I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please.
Bah Humbug St Nic indeed!
I disagreed with theborer when he talked carp.
When he occasionnally talks sense I agree with him and post so.
He hasn't said anything to agree or disagree with so why should you point it out?
He is obviuosly happy that Cortese has left and probably thinks he had a hand in it
[quote][p][bold]lowe esteem[/bold] wrote: Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts. Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club. I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please. Bah Humbug St Nic indeed![/p][/quote]I disagreed with theborer when he talked carp. When he occasionnally talks sense I agree with him and post so. He hasn't said anything to agree or disagree with so why should you point it out? He is obviuosly happy that Cortese has left and probably thinks he had a hand in it dadofmy3sons
  • Score: 0

8:03pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Strasbourg Saint says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Stnana wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .
Glad to hear you haven't had another run in with a German plane, Osprey. Don't let certain people get you down. Having agreed with its introduction, I now think the 'thumbs' thing has had a bad effect on here. I don't know how these things work but until it has a plus AND minus system so that we can see the extent of any thumbs, AND people can only click a thumb after posting a comment on that thread (so that it becomes an extra thing, rather than an easy option for those who are happy to hide their opinions behind the click of a button) then it'll be more of a problem than a benefit.

Stnana, I don't keep track of the detail of these things but was it made public that NC had accepted an offer from Spam for Rickie? Whatever the facts or the rumours, I for one wouldn't have been in agreement with selling him.

As for Hagiology, those guys do a lot of hard work and it can only be a good thing that they're back on board.

Finally, regarding the parking issue, I'm glad the club has changed the free limit to one hour. Regardless of the moral factors, allowing ample megastore browsing time seems to me to make very good economic sense. How does it now work for the Travelling Saints who park at the ground? Charging them to park throughout their time in the far-flung corners of England and Wales has always struck me as punishing the faithful.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?[/p][/quote]Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .[/p][/quote]Glad to hear you haven't had another run in with a German plane, Osprey. Don't let certain people get you down. Having agreed with its introduction, I now think the 'thumbs' thing has had a bad effect on here. I don't know how these things work but until it has a plus AND minus system so that we can see the extent of any thumbs, AND people can only click a thumb after posting a comment on that thread (so that it becomes an extra thing, rather than an easy option for those who are happy to hide their opinions behind the click of a button) then it'll be more of a problem than a benefit. Stnana, I don't keep track of the detail of these things but was it made public that NC had accepted an offer from Spam for Rickie? Whatever the facts or the rumours, I for one wouldn't have been in agreement with selling him. As for Hagiology, those guys do a lot of hard work and it can only be a good thing that they're back on board. Finally, regarding the parking issue, I'm glad the club has changed the free limit to one hour. Regardless of the moral factors, allowing ample megastore browsing time seems to me to make very good economic sense. How does it now work for the Travelling Saints who park at the ground? Charging them to park throughout their time in the far-flung corners of England and Wales has always struck me as punishing the faithful. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 1

8:06pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Stnana says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Stnana wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .
Glad you are ok. There should be room for all opinions on here as long as there is no abuse. I wasn't a great fan of NC myself but I respect the views of others even if I can't agree with them.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?[/p][/quote]Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .[/p][/quote]Glad you are ok. There should be room for all opinions on here as long as there is no abuse. I wasn't a great fan of NC myself but I respect the views of others even if I can't agree with them. Stnana
  • Score: 0

8:15pm Mon 10 Feb 14

red/whitearmy says...

You mean as soon as cortese has gone they have now put the book in the store. I heard it was also down to cortese for the change in merchandise and lack of it.
You mean as soon as cortese has gone they have now put the book in the store. I heard it was also down to cortese for the change in merchandise and lack of it. red/whitearmy
  • Score: 0

8:17pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Stnana says...

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Stnana wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved.

New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.
For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?
Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .
Glad to hear you haven't had another run in with a German plane, Osprey. Don't let certain people get you down. Having agreed with its introduction, I now think the 'thumbs' thing has had a bad effect on here. I don't know how these things work but until it has a plus AND minus system so that we can see the extent of any thumbs, AND people can only click a thumb after posting a comment on that thread (so that it becomes an extra thing, rather than an easy option for those who are happy to hide their opinions behind the click of a button) then it'll be more of a problem than a benefit.

Stnana, I don't keep track of the detail of these things but was it made public that NC had accepted an offer from Spam for Rickie? Whatever the facts or the rumours, I for one wouldn't have been in agreement with selling him.

As for Hagiology, those guys do a lot of hard work and it can only be a good thing that they're back on board.

Finally, regarding the parking issue, I'm glad the club has changed the free limit to one hour. Regardless of the moral factors, allowing ample megastore browsing time seems to me to make very good economic sense. How does it now work for the Travelling Saints who park at the ground? Charging them to park throughout their time in the far-flung corners of England and Wales has always struck me as punishing the faithful.
I don't know if the offer was accepted but I assume not or the sale would have gone through. I don't doubt however, from comments made by Rickie himself and Adam last week ,that he was to be sold to West Ham. What I wonder is if that sale had gone through was it purely for financial reasons .
[quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: For all the good NC did - where would be now etc - he didn't do himself many favours with those parts of the club he wasn't interested in. Pity, because that blind spot was plain for most of us to see. That said, most of were (and remain) grateful to him for all he achieved. New era and these things are finally of importance again and that's a good thing.[/p][/quote]For all the good he did it should be remembered that his final act at the club was an attempt to sell Rickie. When that was made public there were many on here who thought that was the correct thing to do . I hope that you all think about that each time he scores ! On another subject does anyone know where Osprey is ?[/p][/quote]Just watching these days, Got fed up with posters shouting, and like The Borer, being allowed to be abusive to NC, other teams, their managers and staff e.t.c, I think that not worthy of a response, so I am just doing my stuff elsewhere you will be pleased to know. .[/p][/quote]Glad to hear you haven't had another run in with a German plane, Osprey. Don't let certain people get you down. Having agreed with its introduction, I now think the 'thumbs' thing has had a bad effect on here. I don't know how these things work but until it has a plus AND minus system so that we can see the extent of any thumbs, AND people can only click a thumb after posting a comment on that thread (so that it becomes an extra thing, rather than an easy option for those who are happy to hide their opinions behind the click of a button) then it'll be more of a problem than a benefit. Stnana, I don't keep track of the detail of these things but was it made public that NC had accepted an offer from Spam for Rickie? Whatever the facts or the rumours, I for one wouldn't have been in agreement with selling him. As for Hagiology, those guys do a lot of hard work and it can only be a good thing that they're back on board. Finally, regarding the parking issue, I'm glad the club has changed the free limit to one hour. Regardless of the moral factors, allowing ample megastore browsing time seems to me to make very good economic sense. How does it now work for the Travelling Saints who park at the ground? Charging them to park throughout their time in the far-flung corners of England and Wales has always struck me as punishing the faithful.[/p][/quote]I don't know if the offer was accepted but I assume not or the sale would have gone through. I don't doubt however, from comments made by Rickie himself and Adam last week ,that he was to be sold to West Ham. What I wonder is if that sale had gone through was it purely for financial reasons . Stnana
  • Score: 0

8:57pm Mon 10 Feb 14

bluewhiteandred says...

What History you have not won anything in the premier/league 1 ever !
all your cup appearances were in lower league apart from the loss against ARSENAL at millennium stadium . Honours JPT league 3 twice and FA cup 1976 as a division 2 club off the top of my head .
What History you have not won anything in the premier/league 1 ever ! all your cup appearances were in lower league apart from the loss against ARSENAL at millennium stadium . Honours JPT league 3 twice and FA cup 1976 as a division 2 club off the top of my head . bluewhiteandred
  • Score: -8

10:39pm Mon 10 Feb 14

pompey in spain says...

joke of a club
joke of a club pompey in spain
  • Score: -6

11:13pm Mon 10 Feb 14

thehoggsback says...

It could be worse you skate c***s we could be 4 points from the conference lol,WTFILN
It could be worse you skate c***s we could be 4 points from the conference lol,WTFILN thehoggsback
  • Score: 2

11:30pm Mon 10 Feb 14

Dave Juson says...

For what it is worth, while I thought the decision to not sell “All The Saints” in the Club shops was a poor one, on any number of counts, my take on Nicola Cortese was that he had a lot of time for Saints’ history, but very little respect for the nostalgists who would have us believe that the Saints popped into existence in 1974.
Anybody who buys and actually reads the programme will know that the Saints’ history is treated with a lot more respect in its pages than it is by the Echo. Do not take my word for it, ask the surviving members of Hagiology.
For what it is worth, while I thought the decision to not sell “All The Saints” in the Club shops was a poor one, on any number of counts, my take on Nicola Cortese was that he had a lot of time for Saints’ history, but very little respect for the nostalgists who would have us believe that the Saints popped into existence in 1974. Anybody who buys and actually reads the programme will know that the Saints’ history is treated with a lot more respect in its pages than it is by the Echo. Do not take my word for it, ask the surviving members of Hagiology. Dave Juson
  • Score: 0

9:16am Tue 11 Feb 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

TEBOURBA wrote:
Good taste and sense returns to SFC now the shyster has left and thank God that useless ignorant, ill tempered excuse for a footballer OSVALDO is going too!.
SFC is better than both!
shyster? ignorant excuse? You haven't changed, still as abusive as ever.
I respect people with sensible opinions, in your case I always make an exception. SFC is better than most and doesn't deserve your kind.
[quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Good taste and sense returns to SFC now the shyster has left and thank God that useless ignorant, ill tempered excuse for a footballer OSVALDO is going too!. SFC is better than both![/p][/quote]shyster? ignorant excuse? You haven't changed, still as abusive as ever. I respect people with sensible opinions, in your case I always make an exception. SFC is better than most and doesn't deserve your kind. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

1:23pm Tue 11 Feb 14

lowe esteem says...

pompey in spain wrote:
joke of a club
Assume this is answer to why did you move abroad?
[quote][p][bold]pompey in spain[/bold] wrote: joke of a club[/p][/quote]Assume this is answer to why did you move abroad? lowe esteem
  • Score: 1

1:30pm Tue 11 Feb 14

lowe esteem says...

bluewhiteandred wrote:
What History you have not won anything in the premier/league 1 ever !
all your cup appearances were in lower league apart from the loss against ARSENAL at millennium stadium . Honours JPT league 3 twice and FA cup 1976 as a division 2 club off the top of my head .
Using your skewed skate logic- we're still building our history and reputation, whilst yours is continuing to unravel- but thanks for taking an interest.
I may take a passing interest in your development now, keep working on building up the sentences.
[quote][p][bold]bluewhiteandred[/bold] wrote: What History you have not won anything in the premier/league 1 ever ! all your cup appearances were in lower league apart from the loss against ARSENAL at millennium stadium . Honours JPT league 3 twice and FA cup 1976 as a division 2 club off the top of my head .[/p][/quote]Using your skewed skate logic- we're still building our history and reputation, whilst yours is continuing to unravel- but thanks for taking an interest. I may take a passing interest in your development now, keep working on building up the sentences. lowe esteem
  • Score: 1

4:20pm Tue 11 Feb 14

st1halo says...

lowe esteem wrote:
Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts.
Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club.
I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please.
Bah Humbug St Nic indeed!
I'm a nay-sayer mate. Here's his comment before the opening game of the season, one of many ill thought out posts

"Poch already rehearsing his excuses after Saints get hammered a WBA --- the form on the Spanish tour playing against the equivalent of Southampton Sunday League teams was a disaster.
Poch finished rock bottom with his last team and is poised to repeat the feat with Saints -- except of course the man who started him will sack him long before then!!"

I disagree beause he talks utter cr@p most of the time, not because I'm up myself!
STID
[quote][p][bold]lowe esteem[/bold] wrote: Where's all the nay-sayers who liked to disagree with Tebourba for the sake of it. Most of them too up themselves to even bother to read other people's posts. Agree with most on here-we are nowhere without tradition, history, heritage, whatever you want to call it, it's inherently linked to supporting your club. I also think some of the younger fans would appreciate the Mega Store acknowledging Christmas-especially if it's wrapped in Red and White Stripes for this old timer. Proper 'replica' shirts again, please. Bah Humbug St Nic indeed![/p][/quote]I'm a nay-sayer mate. Here's his comment before the opening game of the season, one of many ill thought out posts "Poch already rehearsing his excuses after Saints get hammered a WBA --- the form on the Spanish tour playing against the equivalent of Southampton Sunday League teams was a disaster. Poch finished rock bottom with his last team and is poised to repeat the feat with Saints -- except of course the man who started him will sack him long before then!!" I disagree beause he talks utter cr@p most of the time, not because I'm up myself! STID st1halo
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree