VIDEO footage shows the moment that fire crews tackled a garage blaze this morning.

One crew from Odiham attended the incident in St Michael's Road, South Ham, in the early hours of the morning.

The fire service believe the fire was caused by "smoke from an electric grill".

The video footage, sent in from a bystander, shows fire crews tackling the blaze by spraying water into a garage with smoke billowing out.

The incident happened at 2.45am, with firefighters on scene for around an hour.

A spokesperson for Hampshire Fire and Rescue service said: "One crew from Odiham attended an alarm caused by smoke from an electric grill. There was a strong smell of burning.

"It was ventilated and they did a 'safe and well visit'.

"The call came in at 2.46am, with the stop message at 3.42am."

It comes just hours after crews were called to a fire in Winklebury.