ONLY one game survived from the Basingstoke and District League programme last Saturday as heavy rain took its toll throughout the area.

It was at Preston Candover where the Hampshire Junior A Cup Fourth Round tie between Twenty Ten and Brighstone survived, thanks mainly to Dennis Smith the groundsman man, who swept and forked the pitch from 10 am and did a remarkable job to enable the match to take place.

Manager Alan Spacagna and the Twenty Ten players would like to place on record their thanks to Dennis Smith for his efforts and they were rewarded by going through to the last eight of the completion after winning 6-3.

The visitors, who are top of the Isle of Wight League came to Preston Candover with an unbeaten record.

Although the island side took an early lead, by half time they trailed 5-1.

The first goal came after 10 minutes as home goalkeeper Jack Nicholson conceded a penalty.

Twenty Ten were soon level as Joe Osborne was the inspiration behind this attack, as he played a through ball to Ryan Lupton, his pass found Jack Clarke and his low shot beat the Brighstone goalie from the edge of the area.

Then came a magic spell from Twenty Ten that was to see them overwhelm the opposition.

On the half hour mark good play by Jordon Wainwright out on the left, saw his cross met by Osborne for the lead.

On the 38th minute, Lupton, in fine form playing up front, linked up with Clarke who fired in his second.

Two minutes later it was 4-1 and this one was the goal of the game as Christian Cox played a one-two with Jake Tanner, whose 30-yard strike flew into the top corner.

Twenty Ten were not finished for their fifth came on the stroke of half time as Osborne was brought down in the box. Clarke was given the opportunity to complete his hat-trick with the penalty, but it was saved. Wainwright followed up to net the rebound.

Brighstone started the second half well and pulled a goal back following from a corner ion hour.

However, the home side added a sixth goal 10 minutes later as good play by Osborne led to a perfect low cross for substitute Carl Pearson to score.

The visitors scored their third goal in the last 15 minutes.