BASINGSTOKE Sports and Social missed out on their chance to make the final of the Andover Presidents Cup, as they lost 4-1 to Arms Athletic last Sunday.

The Andover league visitors took the lead after just two minutes, but the home side equalised after Alex Izzo pounced on a mistake by the Arms’ defence.

However, just before half-time, the hosts conceded so Arms led 2-1 at the break.

Sports and Social failed to convert a number of chances in the second half, while the visitors netted twice more.

Lamb Inn beat AFC Wolversdene Reserves 3-0 in the North Hants Chris Price Cup Final at Andover New Street last Wednesday.

In the Basingstoke and District Sunday League Division One, CI and Tron played out a goalless draw, as both sides kept their title hopes alive.

Basingstoke Saints were gifted two own goals by visitors Dayers Fine Foods, but still lost 5-3.

Andy Darrowcott netted Saints’ third goal, but a brace from Alex Brown and a hat-trick from Lee Neal gave Dayers the victory.

Republic of Chineham were beaten 2-0 by Sporting Silchester, who have now won five in a row, which keeps their title aspirations very much alive.

Chineham narrowly beat AFC Hook 3-2, to complete a Division Two double over their rivals. The Chineham's goals came from James Harvey, Adam Nelson and Dan Greenwood. The Hook strikers on target were Richard Reece and Evan MacKrill.

Skewers beat Eastrop Eagles 3-0 to go back to the top-of-the-table, after Steven Bean netted a brace and Joe Collins a single. Lamb Inn won at South View 2-0, as they maintained their 100 per cent league record. Carlos Gonzalez converted a penalty late on, after Reece Chapman gave Lamb the lead early on with a nice finish. In Division Three, AFC Golden Lion were beaten 1-0 by Chineham Athletic, thanks Ollie Owen’s goal. North Warnborough Two went down 3-0 to FC Everest, who scored all their goals in the second-half to chalk up a tenth consecutive win.

UWS enjoyed a comfortable 3-1 success against Sambuca, after a goalless first 45 minutes. Sambuca's goal came from a Jason Freathy penalty, after Robert Chandler was bundled over.

UWS are currently six points clear at the top and an away game at FC Everest could well decide the title.