THE Gazette has compiled a list of 12 of the most unusual and bizarre stories covered by our reporters over the years, from a buffalo being beamed up by a UFO to a poo found in a bag!
Can you think of any we’ve missed? Let us know by using the comments facility below.
1. In 2010 cross-dresser Chris Blair from South Ham talked to The Gazette about his unsual career move - making fake breasts. Read the full story here.
2. GREAT-grandfather Jack Sedgewick, of Roman Road, had the shock of his life when he took to the internet to find the answer to a crossword clue - only for pages of X-rated pornographic images to pop up on his screen.
The pensioner was trying to find the answer to a difficult clue of wild Asian donkey, but discovered a rather different kind of “Asian ass” than the crossword clue was asking for.
Full story here.
3. It was one of The Gazette's most-read stories of 2013 - when Basingstoke mum Caroline Byrne found a poo at the bottom of a shopping bag. Click here for the full story.
4. These unlucky ducks hit the headlines last year when Oakley Parish Council appealed to find the lonley mallards female companions, after the desperate drakes lost all their mates.
Read the full story here.
5. Earlier this year Jason Payne was banned from staying at Hilton Basingstoke for claiming he had a snake in his trousers. Find out more here.
6. In 2009 Hartley Wintney Parish Council clerk Pat Vaughan (pictured below right) left a £1,000 gift in his will to buy sausage sandwiches.
Full story here.
7. Nearly 8,000 of you watched the video of Naked Rambler Stephen Gough chat to The Gazette as he strolled through War Memorial Park wearing nothing but a pair of hiking boots!
You can watch it again here.
8. David Miles showed his love for Basingstoke in 2012 when he penned a song dedicated to the town - which has been watched over 20,000 times on YouTube.
Hear the song here.
9. Pensioner Derek Bridges was the centre of mass media attention in 2009 when he claimed to have filmed a buffalo being beamed up by a UFO in Overton.
Watch the video here.
10. Last year Basingstoke mum Sam Young posted an advert on Facebook looking for a groom to accompany her at her 'fake' wedding. Find out more here.
11. It was the love story of the year, when Basingstoke man Peter Cowans married Zita Rush after meeting face-to-face just once, having built up a relationship through Instagram. Read about their reunion here.
12. A couple took the unsual approach of naming their daughter after their favourite hotel - Tylney Hall. Full story here.