IN ANOTHER frustrating error strewn afternoon at the Goodship ground last Saturday, Andover once again threw away a game they should have won at a canter as they lost 20-17 to visiting Trojans.

In a game played in atrocious conditions Andover dominated possession to the point where it’s difficult to conceive how they did not score more points.

A catalogue of errors however, some understandable some not so, meant that despite outscoring the visitors three tries to two, Andover only had a bonus point to show for their effort.

As with Gosport last week both of these sides are locked in the relegation battle in London SW3 which makes the two defeats even harder to bare for the All Blacks.

Andover began well, prompted by debutante scrum half and man of the match Callum Smiles but missed an early chance with a lineout catch and drive.

Behind a scrum that was at times running forwards Andover enjoyed plenty of ball, but on fourteen minutes Trojans had their first attack and made Andover pay for defensive error to open the scoring.

Andover continued almost uninterrupted pressure, but it took a further fifteen minutes before Wayne Jones finally touched down from a pushover scrum.

Andover pressed again but spurned a free score when a Charlie Waite cross kick was dropped over the line.

Andover were then on the end of a controversial refereeing decision when certain to score again, before Trojans broke quickly from the resulting penalty to stretch their lead to 14-5 at the break.

Andover brought on Jake Dixon at half time to strengthen the pack even further but were soon further behind from a penalty.

Normal service was resumed however as Andover again took control and after ten minutes of solid pressure Dixon touched down again from a pushover scrum with Charlie Waite converting.

Andover continued to hammer away at Trojans but just couldn’t finish any of their chances before a penalty for the visitors crucially took them two scores clear.

Andover threw the kitchen sink at them and when Ioan Gwynne Davies went over with moments to go Andover had real hope.

It wasn’t to be however as Trojans clung on and Andover once again were left to think about what might have been.

Afterwards Director of rugby Andy Waite said: "I think we played much better generally today with more structure than last week, but individual errors are killing us at the moment. We’ll keep working to turn it round and we know we have the players to do it."