IN midweek, a number of Sunday League games helped the season towards its satisfactory conclusion, writes Tony Spencer, although the Division 2 title is still up for grabs. In Division 1 Tadley Town were beaten 0-2 by Republic of Chineham, who finished runners-up.

Harry Cook and Lyndon Tyson netted for Hampshire Royals, but Tom Black and Levi Davies scoring braces plus singles by Andrew Juett and Ben Muss earned the points for Division 2 leaders AFC Berg.

Niall Hannigan scored the only goal for Sherborne St John as they beat hosts  AFC Aldermaston 0-1.

READ MORE: Silchester finally lift the Vase Cup in 5-0 win against Bournemouth  

Brookvale United and Ambient drew 0-0.  

Despite Keith Davies’ pair of goals, Eastrop Eagles lost 2-4 against OLA Prestige FC.

AFC Aldermaston were beaten 2-5 by Overton United Reserves.                    

On Sunday, Division 1 runners-up Republic of Chineham drew 1-1 in the return match with Tadley Town. Tadley are third, but Overton United are level with one to play on Tuesday.             

Division 2 leaders AFC Berg beat Farnham Spitfires 1-12, with six goals by Tom Black, four from Andrew Juett and single from Levi Davis and Ben Muss. 

SEE ALSO: Football thriller ends in North Warnborough's historic cup win

Brookvale United scored nine goals against OLA Prestige FC, who replied with two goals.        

Basingstoke Casuals’ Ali Nije scored a hat-trick, Ryan Light added a brace with a single from sub Solomon Ceesay   as they beat Eastrop Eagles 7-2.

Hampshire Royals scored five goals, through Harry Cook, Jamie Pothecary, sub Liam O’Shea and Dominic Forward as they won 5-0 against AFC Aldermaston.

Division 3 champs Winklebury won by two goals without reply at Cranbourne Saints, with  Lucas Hamill on the scoresheet.

Basingstoke Boars went down 0-14 to Hook, Jack McKee chalking up a hat-trick, Benjamin Abrahams, Patrick Callaghan, Zac Felbabel, Joshua James and sub Henry Wise getting two each.

Oakridge B lost 0-1 to Harry Hendle’s 13th minute strike for Soldiers Return.

The Oak FC won 2-1 against visitors Basingstoke Hammers Reserves.