DORCHESTER Town cruised to their first victory under new boss Tom Killick, beating an injury-hit Basingstoke Town 4-1 at the Avenue Stadium.

Dorchester got off to the dream start with two goals in the first 18 minutes, Jack Dickson blasting home a loose ball in the box and Ollie Haste curling a beauty into the far corner.

Basingstoke, who have 13 first-team players out with injury, rarely threatened and Dorchester extended their lead thanks to Shaq Gwengwe’s second-half double.

Liam Ferdinand grabbed a 92nd-minute consolation with the Stokes’ first shot on target to deprive the Magpies of a clean sheet in an otherwise flawless display.

The result handed Killick his first win as Dorchester boss at the sixth attempt, before which he had opted for just one change from the side that began the 1-1 draw with Hayes.

Suspended Will Spetch came out for Drew Eccott-Young and Jordi Foot was omitted from the substitutes, while Jordan Barnett has moved to Shaftesbury.

That allowed for rising stars Lewis Toms and Ieuan Turner, plus under-23s defender Josh Malpas, to come into the squad of 16.

After a rendition of The Last Post and minute’s silence on Armistice Day, Dorchester started brightly when Pedro Borges scuffed a 30-yard shot at veteran keeper Paul Strudley in the third minute.

Dorchester needed only four further minutes to open the scoring, converting their early pressure into a 1-0 lead.

Jordan Ngalo, arguably Dorchester’s star performer on the day, ghosted to the byline and his effort was only cleared as far as Dickson who blasted high into the net for his maiden Magpies goal.

Olaf Koszela flicked a header at Strudley as Dorchester continued to dominate, and it came as little surprise when the Magpies went 2-0 up soon afterwards.

Dickson stormed down the right and his cross found its way to defender Haste who, more befitting of a striker, cut inside and bent a delicious effort just inside the far post.

Koszela later had a shot blocked inside the area before Basingstoke steadied the ship and enjoyed a spell of possession and territory.

However, they could not create any clear chances and were also denied a penalty for handball when Ferdinand’s flick struck Louie Slough.

Dorchester were soon back on the attack as Gwengwe scuffed a shot following nifty work from Borges, while Ferdinand blazed over from 25 yards in a sign of the visitors’ frustration.

Strudley was also lucky to survive a charge down before Ed James nodded wide at the back post following a spellbinding run from Ngalo, who beat four players to win a corner.

Basingstoke only had themselves to blame for going 3-0 down on 52 minutes when a backward header set Koszela into space on the right.

The ex-Torquay man had time to chip a delightful ball to Gwengwe, who peeled off his man and looped an accurate header into the far corner to settle the game.

Ngalo was denied a fourth when Dorchester committed a soft foul at a corner but the visitors remained spirited, Marcus Johnson-Schuster rifling over from 25 yards in search of a consolation.

Koszela and Ngalo both curled wide, but their misses mattered little as Gwengwe notched his brace in the 77th minute.

Ngalo picked up the assist, sliding a low ball across the box to sub Leighton Thomas, whose dummy created space for Gwengwe to plant a firm side-footed effort home, via fingertips from Strudley.

Gwengwe spurned a glorious chance for a hat-trick late on when he dallied enough for away sub Jake Impiazzi to make a miraculous tackle six yards out.

There was still time for Basingstoke to spoil Dorchester’s clean sheet with their only shot on target, prolific striker Ferdinand showing his clinical edge with a well-taken goal from 12 yards.

His goal was scant reward for Basingstoke, who dropped from sixth to eighth, while Dorchester jumped from 17th to 16th ahead of hosting Bracknell on Tuesday night.

Speaking after the game, 'Stoke's manager Dan Brownlie said: "The scoreline is a reflection of the performance, the opening 15 minutes we just killed ourselves, Dorchester they were front foot, they were aggressive and we never dealt with that.

"They were aggressive in their play and we got undone by two real bad errors, good finishes on their part but we need to get tighter to the ball in those moments. In terms of the way we conducted ourselves after that I was actually quite impressed.

"Second half there was too many errors, distances with clearances, unforced errors where you think ok we are doing a little bit and then we lose momentum for an ill mistake or putting the ball out of play."