Beaconsfield Town completed the double over Hartley Wintney thanks to a solitary unopposed goal in the second half.

Hartley started well with a good move through the middle that ended with a shot from Daniel Fitchett. The Rams goalkeeper Michael Neish parried and a following up Jordan Edwards netted the rebound. However the assistant referee raised his flag indicating Edwards was offiside.

Beaconsfield looked quick on the break and on 13 minutes a long ball from defence found Oliver McCoy beyond the Row defence but his parting shot lacked power and Row goalie Luke Williams saved easily.

Almost immediately Hartley attacked down the right and Kingsley Eshun sent in a low cross in front of the goal. Fitchett got to it first but directed his shot wide of the goal. A minute later a Rams attack down the left created an opening for Oliver Sprague who saw his well hit shot saved by Williams at the second attempt.

On 17 minutes the home side created a chance for Toby Little to shoot and Williams did well to keep out the well hit shot. A minute later Hartley had a chance from a free kick 20 yards out. Josh Webb saw his shot beat the wall but Neish got across to bring up a good save. Webb had another chance on 20 minutes after being set up by Harrison Bayley but his parting effort went narrowly past the post.

Towards half time Beaconsfield gained an edge in play. A long free kick on 34 minutes found Nathan Minhas but his shot lacked power and Williams saved. A period of sustained pressure by the Rams followed with a few shots being blocked. Eventually the ball finished up with Spargue on the left wing and his cross was just missed by the inrushing forwards.

The second half had barely started when the Row had a good chance to open the scoring. Kingsley Eshun forced a mistake in the Rams defence. As a result of the poor clearance Jordan Edwards gave Sam Argent a clear sight of goal. The striker moved in but shot just over the crossbar.

On 54 minutes the Rams had a chance when a good move down the left saw the resulting cross find McCoy who shot wide. Four minutes later a well worked corner by Beaconsfield saw McCoy feed Little and his cross was headed over by Jordan Ajaniekoko. Play moved to the other end and a powerful left-wing run by Eshun enabled him to get behind the Beaconsfield defence. His finishing shot was saved at the near post by Neish.

The Rams were gaining control of midfield and on 64 minutes a cross from Kaine Kennedy-Sinclair found Little who saw his shot saved by Williams. Three minutes later a cross from Sprague found McCoy who headed over. On 68 minutes Beaconsfield found the breakthrough. A right wing cross was not fully cleared by the Row defence. The ball was moved to Toby Little who curled in a fine shot into the top corner of the goal from 20 yards. (1-0)

Play evened up as the Row strove to get back into the match but on 75 minutes the Rams had a chance to extend the lead. A free kick on the right from McCoy found Little who saw his effort go wide.

Hartley finished strongly but were unable to create a meaningful chance. A number of crosses were sent in and mostly dealt with comfortably by the home defence. Four minutes of added time was played which saw the Rams hold on for the three points. The Row were not able to reach the same level of play displayed on last Tuesday evening and the Rams probably just shaded a very close match.

Looking ahead, it is almost impossible to predict whether the forthcoming fixtures in the next few weeks will go ahead. Players are testing positive for Covid and having to self-isolate Also matches are already being called off.