Hartley Wintney concluded their group matches in the Hampshire Invitational Cup with an emphatic win over Andover Town on Saturday.

A one minute silence was observed before kick off as a mark of respect to Bill Mitchell, the Hartley Wintney FC club president who passed away during the week.

The Row, who once again took the opportunity to field a number of their Academy players, started brightly and a free kick from Anis Nuur after just three minutes brought out a good stop from the well positioned Andover keeper Dease Kerrigan.

The visitors keeper was again in action six minutes later when he did well to keep out a shot from Kingsley Eshun who had latched onto a long pass.

However the opening goal was only delayed by one further minute.Kingsley Eshun managed to get round the back of the Andover defence and his cross was turned in by James Beauchamp.

On 13 minutes James Beauchamp made good progress down the left and his cross was shot over from close range by Anis Nuur. On 22 minutes, with the Row well on top, the second goal arrived. Again Eshun was the provider and his cross was converted by Toby Raggett.

Andover had a decent spell and a good move down the left saw Luke Adams find Josh Bertie in the area. Bertie found Jordan Smith with a reverse pass and the midfielder fired over from the edge of the box.

Hartley added a third on 32 minutes when a long ball forward saw Kerrigan struggle to clear. Beauchamp took full advantage and ran the ball into the net

The visitors were very unlucky not to reduce the arrears on 39 minutes. An excellent strike from a free kick 25 yards out by Josh Bertie crashed off the underside of the crossbar with Luke Williams - the Row keeper - beaten. Two minutes later Eshun worked space and his parting effort brought out a good stop from Kerrigan.

3-0 to the Row going into the break.

It took the Row just 3 minutes to extend their lead at the start of the second period. Beauchamp found space on the right and his cut back found Josh Webb. The midfielder found Toby Raggett at the back post and the young striker tapped home.

Kerrigan in goal and the visitors defence were having a busy afternoon and on 59 minutes the fifth goal arrived. Kamdon Simmons made good progress down the left and cross found its way to Reece Cave who scored with a fierce shot.

Four minutes later the Row scored a sixth goal.

A short free kick on the right gave Tom Bird space and his shot from 20 yards found the corner of the net via a deflection.

On 68 minutes Dom Griffiths worked some space for a shot and his effort was well saved by Kerrigan.

The final goal arrived six minutes later when Toby Raggett went on a run and this finished with his shot finding the corner of the net.

Hartley Wintney manager Anthony Millerick, said: "I felt Andover looked a decent side in certain parts of the game and finished well. I was pleased we kept our discipline and executed our game plan for the entire 90 minutes.

"In the previous matches we tended to lose a bit of focus. The three young strikers who are all under 21 did well to make intelligent runs to get beyond the visitors defence.

"It was great to see the hunger from the team to do well. Pleased to be through to the main section quarter finals."

The win takes Hartley through to the quarter finals. Their opponents will be New Milton Town at home and the match will be played on Saturday (May 8) at 3pm. This fixture will be played behind closed doors.

Whitchurch United will compete in the Supplementary competition and they have been drawn away to Fawley. Should the Jam Boys progress they will be away to Bemerton Heath Harlequins in the following round.