Hartley Wintney maintained their unbeaten start to the season extending the record to six matches - with a welcome first point of the season for Beaconsfield Town.

The Row were some way short of their best with three of their four main strikers missing. Ben Wright and Mitch Parker are serving 3 match suspensions and Kingsley Eshun was unfit.

Sam Argent made a welcome return to the line up and made up the strike force with Shane Hollamby and Lukas Burt. The Rams included the much travelled strikers Jefferson Louis and James Ewington in their line up.

Beaconsfield had the first chance on 12 minutes when a well worked free kick saw Callum Webb feed Luke Neville who shot wide. Two minutes later Hartley recorded their first effort when Sam Argent found space coming in from the left and shot just wide. A minute later a Josh Webb corner found Shane Hollamby who headed over.

The Row held and edge and looked threatening from corner kicks. On 19 minutes the Rams had a break and Jordan Ajelekoko was unlucky to see his effort deflected narrowly wide. Josh Webb had a chance for Hartley on 26 minutes and curled his effort just wide. Two minutes later a Ty Smith corner was headed wide by Hollamby.

After 39 minutes the Row took the lead. A good move down the left saw Tom Bird and Shane Hollamby combine to create an opening for Sam Argent. The Hartley striker scored with a good shot from the edge of the box. 1-0 to the Row at half-time.

On the stroke of half time the Rams keeper brought off a good save from a Dean Stow free kick.


The Rams came out of the blocks quickly in the second period and almost pulled level in their first attack. Louis fed Ewington who was clean through, however Luke Williams in the Hartley goal pulled off an excellent save. On 48 minutes the Hartley goal had a narrow escape. Webb made ground down the right and his low cross eluded everyone when only a tap in was required.

Hartley responded and Lukas Birt managed to get on the end of a Stow pass but shot wide. Birt was again in action on 69 minutes as he created a chance for himself but again shot wide. The Rams looked more threatening as the game entered its later stages and pulled level on 72 minutes. Louis and Bayley Brown combined in midfield to feed the overlapping Webb. The full backs cross was turned into the net at the near post by Ewington (1-1)

On 80 minutes Beaconsfield had a penalty claim turned down when one of their forwards went down in the area. Three minutes from the end substitute Toby Raggett got free for the Row and rounded the Rams keeper . However with a tight angle he rolled the ball across the front of the goal and somehow the back tracking Beaconsfield defenders managed to clear. Despite some late pressure Hartley were unable to test the impressive Adam Forster in the Rams goal.