HARTLEY Wintney moved into the third Qualifying Round of the Emirates FA Cup after recovering from a two goal half time deficit.

Hanwell started the better and on five minutes took the lead. A throw in on the right by Daniel Carr found the unmarked George Nicholas some 20 yards out. The midfielders powerful shot brought out a good save from Row keeper Luke Williams but Ogo Obi was first to react for the home side and rifled into the net from 10 yards.

Hartley’s play was very disjointed and it was no surprise when Town doubled the lead on 19 minutes. A move down the left found Obi.

As the striker moved in on goal he was hauled down and referee Alan Cresswell pointed to the penalty spot. Obi took the kick himself and scored. 2-0.

On the half hour Hartley recorded their first effort of note. Mitch Parker created space on the edge of the penalty area before feeding in Tom Bird. The left side defender moved into the area and his shot brought out a good diving save from Hugo Sobte in the Hanwell goal.

This seemed to spur on the Row and on 35 minutes a Parker corner saw an Eshun header blocked by Sobte.

On 39 minutes the pressure finally told when Eshun got free on the left and was hauled down inside the penalty area. Ty Smith converted the resulting penalty kick.

On the stroke of half time Hanwell increased their lead when Obi completed his hat trick with an excellent strike. The home striker picked the ball up on the left side and from 25 yards shot over Williams into the roof of the net. 3-1 going into the break.

The second period started with Hartley looking to reduce the arrears. On 49 minutes a Smith low corner eluded everyone and the home side were forced to clear off the goal line. A minute later the Row pulled a goal back.

A well worked move from defence saw a long pass from Bird into the path of Eshun. The Hartley striker ran on and shot home. (3-2)

Hanwell continued to be on top and on 69 minutes a free lick from Carr found Rob Laney who saw his header go just wide.

On 77 minutes Hartley pulled level. A corner on the left by Anis Nuur saw Matt Drage head powerfully over the crossbar. However referee Cresswell had spotted that Shane Holloway had been pulled back and awarded a penalty. Mitch Parker took the kick and scored.

For the first time in the match Hartley looked the more likely helped with the introduction of substitutes Joe Gater and Josh Webb.

For the first time in the match the Row went ahead on 83 minutes. A long free kick on the left by Bird found the head of Eshun whose effort beat Sobte.

Hanwell were not finished and pushed forward. They almost pulled level from an unlikely source. On 86 minutes a free kick on the half way line was taken by Hugo Sobte and his powerful strike at goal saw Williams pull off a good save. Into added time and the Town forced a very late corner. The whole team was pushed up including Sobte. Hartley managed to clear and the secondary clearance saw Parker win the race with the last defenders. The Row striker was able to run the ball into the empty net with Sobte upfield. (3-5).

This was a match where the Row struggled badly and probably fortunate to be in the draw for the next round. Hanwell Town certainly acquitted themselves well.

The Row's manager, Anthony Millerick, said: "We got away with that one. Hanwell Town were a good side. They have a good manager and a credit to level 4 today.

"I felt we made far too many individual mistakes, we lacked aggression, cohesion and [were] far too passive.

"Credit to Kingsley Eshun. He is not fully fit but we were forced to play him. Ben Wright was not available and Sam Argent has a back injury. This meant playing Shane Hollamby up front following his sterling effort on Tuesday. Hopefully Sam Argent will be fit for Tuesday’s match at home to Beaconsfield."