THE Basingstoke Bison gained quick revenge for their 4-3 loss on home ice on Friday night, with a 4-3 overtime win 24 hours later in Swindon against the Wildcats.

In Saturday night’s contest at the Link Centre, the home side were the first to score in the tenth minute, as player/coach Aaron Nell netted from close range.

Soon after, the Herd suffered their first penalty of the game, as Adam Jones departed to the sin bin for hooking.

However, despite being shorthanded the Bison levelled things as Jay King found Ashley Tait and then Michal Klejna applied the finish.

The Herd then took the lead at 26:50 as Tait fired home with a great shot after good work from Sean Norris and Klejna.

The Wildcats levelled things 14 seconds before the second buzzer as Nell scored on the powerplay.

The visitors took the lead again with the first goal of the final session as man of the match Alex Sampford scored on the man advantage assisted by Liam Morris and Richard Bordowski.

Swindon then sent the game into overtime as Tomasz Malasinski scored 56 seconds before the final buzzer.

A cagey overtime session saw Malasinski pick up a 2+10 penalty for checking from behind.

The Bison made the most of the four-on-three penalty as Adam Jones with a lovely strike won the game at 62:14.

At which point Swindon captain Sam Bullas vented his anger at the officials and received a game misconduct for abuse.

The previous night the Bison lost out 4-3 on home ice.

The visitors were very much the better side in the first period and took the lead at 3:54 as Edgars Bebris ended a nice move which involved Malasinski and Chris Jones.

These three forwards had a whole host of chances in the first period, but this proved to be the only goal they scored.

However, Swindon did double their advantage thanks to a penalty shot. This was awarded after Aaron Nell was released down centre ice and Liam Morris was adjudged to have stopped him scoring.

Nell made no mistake with the penalty shot slotting the puck under Alex Mettam.

The Bison hauled themselves back into the contest at 15:38, as man of the match Alex Sampford’s shot from outside the blue line found a way past Swindon’s man of the match Renny Marr.

The second session saw the Bison dominate the period and they got a deserved equaliser at 22:35, as Ryan Sutton's shot came back off the backboard and Richard Bordowski on the back hand netted at the post.

After this the hard-hitting contest boiled over with a couple of fights as captains Sam Bullas and Bison's Elliott Dewey threw down the gloves.

Soon after, the Herd 's Liam Morris and Loris Taylor did the same thing. On both occasions all four players were given 2+2 fighting penalties.

Then within a minute, a check by the Bison's Alex Sampford on Tyler Vankleef, saw Sam Godfrey take exception with a number of punches which saw him receive 2+2 for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct penalty.

He returned 14 minutes later in the middle of the final period and almost immediately fired the Wildcats into the lead with a nice wrist shot after good work from Bebris and Malasinski.

The Bison replied again at 55:27 as Dewey found Ashley Tait and his shot came off the pads of Marr for Norris to poke home the rebound.

Just when it looked like the game was going to go to overtime, Swindon scored the winner with 76 seconds left.

Malasinski from behind the net fed Nell who smashed the puck into the roof of the net.

The home side called a time out and went looking for the equaliser, but a penalty 56.1 seconds from the end of the game on Adam Harding ended their hopes of sending the game into overtime.

This Saturday, the Bison who are fourth in the table take on the third placed Peterborough Phantoms at home.