Hartley Wintney’s recent good form continued with a 3-0 away win at Walton Casuals, who remain in the bottom three, writes TYLER HOUSE.

It was Hartley’s third win in four league matches after first half goals from Marley Ridge and Sam Argent and a second half penalty scored by Ty Smith.

Hartley started well and recent signing Kingsley Eshun impressed early on.

He had the chance to open the scoring in the third minute after good play from Aaron Kuhl and Mitchell Parker, but his shot was blocked.

Soon after, a header from Joe Gater was on target but easily saved by goalkeeper Denzel Gerrar.

In the 15th minute, Hartley scored the opening goal in a move started and finished by Ridge.

The midfielder, making his first appearance since re-joining from Gosport, made a brilliant run and passed to Argent, and after he hit the post, Ridge reacted quickly to score into an empty net.

The Row then increased their lead in the 22nd minute when Nathan Smart crossed to Argent, whose accurate header crept over the line after Gerrar had tipped the ball onto the post.

Hartley could have had added a third when Gater headed over from Smith’s corner, before Walton ended the half on top.

The hosts went closest to scoring in the 37th minute but when Tyrone Lewthwaite was through on goal, his shot was parried away by Chris Harris.

In the second half, the hosts started well, but after Cole Brown beat Smart and raced into the penalty area, his cross was cleared.

Soon after, Lewthwaite was denied by Harris again before another attack from the hosts saw them have a goal disallowed after Manolis Gogonas finished well but failed to stay onside.

Harris later saved twice more but after Walton failed to make the most of their chances, Hartley added a third goal from the penalty spot.

In the 75th minute, Parker was twice denied from close range before the ball fell to Eshun, who was pushed to the ground and awarded a penalty that was scored confidently by Smith.

The hosts later missed the chance to score a consolation goal in stoppage time with a shot that went narrowly wide as Hartley secured a deserved victory.

After the match, Hartley manager Anthony Millerick said, “On paper, it is a great result and you will always be happy with a 3-0 win away from home. I saw Walton play on Tuesday and they did well and are continuing to rebuild, so it’s a good win.

“But the best part about today is that despite the result, we’re still not over the moon with that performance. We were good in spells, but we know we made it too easy for the opposition at times.

“In the end, it was a good result and Chris Harris especially deserves a mention, who stepped in and kept a clean sheet.”

Hartley are next in action on Tuesday night, when they are at home to Farnborough and the game kicks off at 7.30pm.