HARTLEY Wintney left it late but progressed to the semi finals of the Aldershot Senior Cup with a 3-2 home win over Alresford Town on Tuesday night, writes TYLER HOUSE.

The Wessex League side got off to the perfect start and took the lead inside two minutes.

Hartley’s Josh Webb was dispossessed by Sam Tonks and his pass found Ollie Dennett, who fired the ball into the bottom corner to score.

Hartley looked for an immediate response as Mitchell Parker picked out Aaron Kuhl with a cross, but his header at the far post was held by goalkeeper Jordi Valero.

The Row had another chance soon after when a lofted pass from Webb was cleared only as far as Ty Smith but his scuffed shot went wide.

In the 22nd minute, another shot from Smith deflected wide before Shane Hollamby headed off target from the resulting corner.

Two minutes later, Parker did well to find Nathan Smart out wide and he crossed for Adam Cornell, who failed to convert as Hartley ended the half having missed numerous chances.

With Hartley still behind on the hour mark, they introduced Tom Bird and Sal Abubakar from the bench, a double substitution that was to help the Row to victory.

When Bird won a free kick in the 69th minute, Smith crossed for Gater to head home the equaliser from close range.

A minute later, Hartley completed a quick turnaround when Gater bundled in his second goal after the visitors failed to clear a corner from Smith.

In the 75th minute, another Hartley set piece was headed onto the post by Hollamby, who then went off injured and was replaced by Alex Albert.

The Magpies then drew level again in the 82nd minute. Following good work down the right, Gosney scored from 12 yards with a well-hit shot into the bottom corner.

In a frantic finish to the game, Valero made two outstanding saves to deny Grant and Parker.

However, in the second minute of stoppage time, Hartley grabbed the winner. Abubakar exchanged passes with Smith and his cross was met by Grant, who headed past the goalkeeper to score.

This Saturday, Hartley are back in league action away at Tiverton