THE Basingstoke Saturday Junior B cup tie between North Warnborough and Basingstoke Athletic on Saturday started off a very even game. Warnborough’s Banica-Marian Oprea a constant threat and, after beating three Athletic players, found himself near the penalty spot only to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.

This was followed by a good strike from Boro's Jack Pine from close range caught by the Athletic keeper.

It looked like it was going to be a day with little goals until 20 minutes in Athletic's goalkeeper dropped a shot from Oprea for Bailey Craig to tap in 1-0.

Fourteen minutes later, Craig cut the ball back to captain Thomas Coglan to smash in 2-0 from outside the area. A couple of minutes later a shot from Oprea was parried onto Liam Self to slot home 3-0.

On 40 minutes Khalil Bentaleb won a penalty converted by Liam Cook. A free kick just before half time produced a great save from the Athletic keeper, and home goalkeeper Reece Emery made a couple of saves, so half-time 4-0.

Athletic started the second half much better and within seconds found themselves on the score sheet and minutes later Athletic scored again after Warnborough allowed an unmarked player to convert a corner, 4-2.

Athletic then headed in a third from a free kick from some distance, the flight misread by keeper Emery 4-3. The momentum to reach the semi-finals was with the visitors but a mistake by Athletic's goalkeeper, a back pass chased down by Craig, forced the goalkeeper to clear the ball straight to Oprea, who netted an important goal for Warnborough, 5-3.

The hosts settled and controlled the game for the last 15 minutes. Self hit the upright from close range, and chances fell for Josh Arthur, Alfie Craig, Craig and Oprea, all shooting over, until Ryan Nuttall finished the game smashing in from close range, 6-3. Lee O'Grady scored two and Paul Walsh-Taylor one for Basingstoke Athletic.

In the Hampshire Saturday Vase Cup round 4, Tadley Calleva Development lost 3-1 at Bournemouth Sports Reserves, James Stokes the scorer.

Silchester Village drew 3-3 against FC Strawberry, with goals from Lee Champion, Charlie Mannin and sub Lee Neal, but lost 5-4 on penalties.

AFC Berg Reserves beat Letef Select 7-0 in the Hampshire Saturday Plate Cup round 3.

Renegades eased through 4-0 against Winston Athletic of Bournemouth.

The opener came on 29 minutes, Richard Reece to Kenny Tyce to tuck away 1-0, the half-time scoreline.

On 68 minutes Ash Burchett set up Charlie Dobson 2-0, eight minutes later Matt Baker passed to sub Gus Reis, who turned his defender to score, and on 89 minutes a through ball from Tyce handed Dobson his brace in a 4-0 victory.

Despite four goals from Mali Colloredo, Connor Mumford, with two, and Nathan Ripley, CK Andover went down 5-4 at Testlands FC.

Oakridge started their Peter Raynbird Cup tie sluggishly and 1-0 down to Overton United A in 15 minutes.

Five minutes later Sam Trodd's long ball to Nathan Bedford, whose shot was saved and Noah Pratchett netted the equaliser. Charlie Hadfield won a free kick on 25 minutes, Sam Trodd clipped the bottom of bar for 2-1. On 30 minutes Overton equalised 2-2. Pratchett set up Hadfield to lead 3-2, then Pratchett assisted Trodd 4-2, and Hadfield 5-2. Tyler Andrews set up Tom Perry for 6-2, and Hadfield set up Sam Trodd's hat-trick 7-2. Overton pulled one back late, 7-3. Aged 19 Noah Pratchett starred with 3 assists and a goal, as Oakridge were on fire for 75 minutes.

In Division One Hook drew 1-1 AFC Aldermaston A. The game was even with no clear cut chances until 43 minutes when Hook broke down the right and a delivery across the edge of the box was unfortunately turned into his own net by Luke Dowling.

The second half started better with chances from both sides without goals.

On 80 minutes a mis-kick from AFC keeper Kev Butcher led to a Hook striker having an open goal at his mercy only to shoot high over the bar. Hook pressed and Butcher made amends for the earlier mistake with a smart save in the bottom corner. AFC went on the attack after tactical changes and pegged Hook back.

In the dying minutes a free kick in the final third wasn’t cleared, the ball fell to Luke Dowling whose strike on goal was turned in by Andy Hynes.

Overton United Reserves drew 2-2 with AFC Berg, Stephen Bearpark and Louis McCann scoring at home, Callum Silcox and Jesse Todd for Berg.

Bramley United against Chineham in Division Two was a fairly even game but only having the straight starting 11 was a strain on the hosts who went down 3-1. Bradley Young scored for Bramley.

Tidworth Town against Herriard Sports was evenly matched and the longer the game went on it was always likely to be settled by the first goal.

On 79 minutes Stu Archibald's pin point cross set Karl Buttle to score the winner for Herriard.

This Saturday's fixtures are Peter Raynbird Cup rd 2: Silchester Village v Basingstoke Ath. Quarter-finals: AFC Aldermaston A v Renegades, Twentyten v Overton United Res.

Division 1: AFC Berg v Hook.

Division 2: Bramley United v Tidworth Town, Chineham v Renegades Res, CK Andover v AFC Berg Res, North Warnborough v Herriard Sports, Overton Utd A v AFC Aldermaston Development.