A BIG thank you has go to Silchester Village groundsman Paul Evans for his hard work at getting Saturday's game on against Herriard Sports in the second round of the North Hants May Cup.

Herriard started brightly and after three minutes it was only a fine save by Darren Heath that provoked the host into playing their usual one-touch football.

Meanwhile, Herriard, who started with only 10 men, saw injuries whittle them down to eight players.

It wasn't long before the hosts went a goal up after a fine Matthew Foreman cross was volleyed in from 10 yards by Scott Kinge.

Silchester continued to dazzle and a cross from the left by Taylor Mullet gave Foreman his second from just inside the box on 16 minutes.

Cameron George added two quick goals, 4-0 after 20 minutes.

On 26 minutes a Foreman corner was met by Karl Russell's bullet header for 5-0.

Not to be outdone, Lee Neal helped himself to a brace.

The Herriard goalkeeper made some fine saves to keep it to 7-0 at half-time, and the visitors even had a couple of chances but Heath was on clean sheet form.

Five minutes after the interval Neal completed his hat-trick from close range.

Sub Jack Middleton was on 10 minutes before scoring from six yards to make it 9-0.

Hard-working Steve Burgess ended a move built up from a good Charlie Manning run on the left, a one-two with Peter White and cross buried by Burgess, who soon after added his third.

Middleton rounded off a good team performance, 12-0, a first clean sheet of the season.

Twentyten eased into the North Hants May Cup semi-finals with a 3-0 win over Renegades.

Both sides had chances but the hosts led after 18 minutes when Josh Bromley's through ball was neatly put away by Stephen Beanz.

Both goalkeepers made saves with Twentyten’s Rhys Jennings busy making important saves.

Alex Izzo replaced Beanz and put a good chance wide while Tom Mole blazed over the Renegades' bar.

In the second half Renegades upped the physicality of their game garnering bookings from no-nonsense referee Olu Oyewole.

After 60 minutes Renegades were down to 10 men for a second yellow on 76 minutes.

Beanz was reintroduced as a rolling sub, setting up Joe Richards to finish first-time 2-0.

Renegades got a straight red after a terribly high tackle, going down to eight men after another desperate tackle on 85 minutes.

Beanz's shot from distance on 85 minutes looked like an easy catch for Renegades goalkeeper Darren Gary, but was flapped into his own net, 3-0, Twentyten's 11th game without defeat

CK Andover started their North Hants Junior Cup semi-final against Basingstoke Athletic strongly and were two up after 25 minutes.

Athletic changed formation and became an even contest, with Athletic shading possession.

The Andover referee seemed biased every decision against Basingstoke with no consistency.

It remained 2-0 at half-time.

The second half was all Basingstoke and Michael Borbelly scored twice to level.

Athletic pressed for the win and but Andover won a corner, taken quickly, and the ball bounced around in the box until the home striker netted to win the game.

Athletic almost immediately equalised but the keeper saved well.

In Division One AFC Aldermaston A were 2-0 up on 20 minutes at Overton United Reserves, both goals from Peter Raines. A forced change left AFC unbalanced and Overton took advantage, scoring four goals, Andrew Bullock (2), Bailey Roffey and Brian Watts making 4-2 by half-time.

The second half was more even, but a defensive error allowed Overton's Louis McCann to score another.

Overton conceded a penalty, allowing Peter Raines to complete his hat-trick.

With 10 minutes, left AFC applied more pressure and Liam Belcher nod home at the far post for 5-4.

Frantic play for the last five minutes could not produce another as Overton won 5-4.

In Division Two Renegades Reserves entertained North Warnborough, who dominated throughout and should have been five up by half-time.

Twice Bailey Craig put crosses on plates for Luke Ambrose to shoot over from a yard outside goal. Craig missed a couple, as did Thomas Coglan.

On 28 minutes, Craig ran down the wing to Renegades' by-line, swung the ball in, going in off the far post.

Boro striker Banica should have added to the score but was off form.

Renegades did not have a chance first-half.

The second half was a repeat, Banica missing, Ryan Nuttall shooting over and Ryan Lupton taken down in the box but no penalty.

Then Banica collected two quick yellows leaving Warnborough with 10 players for the last 15 minutes.

Warnborough hunted for another goal, left themselves open at the back, still missing chances, Nuttall and Josh Arthur shooting over.

Renegades Reserves picked up an unexpected win with two late goals 2-1, their third win in a row.

This Saturday's fixtures are Hampshire Plate Cup rd 2: North Warnborough v Michelmersh and Timsbury Res.

North Hants May Cup quarter-finals: Chineham v Tidworth Town, Hook v Silchester Village, Tadley Calleva Development v Overton Utd A.

North Hants Junior Cup semi-final: AFC Berg v Oakridge.

Peter Raynbird Cup rd 1: Herriard Sports v Basingstoke Ath.

Division 1: Renegades v AFC Aldermaston A.

Division 2: AFC Aldermaston Development v AFC Berg Res, CK Andover v Bramley Utd.