THE Basingstoke Bison made it three wins out of three against the Bracknell Bees this season, as they won 3-2 at the Hive last night.

The home side certainly put up a much better performance and what turned out to be a very entertaining local derby clash.

An even first period saw no goals, but both netminders were tested with Bison's Dan Weller-Evans soon into the action as he denied both Roman Malinik and Zack Milton.

The first powerplay of the night saw George Norcliffe go close twice for the Herd and on their next man advantage Michal Klejna tested Adam Goss from the blue line.

The first Bees powerplay of the second period saw the home side take the lead thanks to a blue line shot from Brandan Baird, after good work from Robin Kovar and Harvey Stead.

Soon after, the visitors were given a two man advantage, after Joe Baird cross checked Klejna and Malinik elbowed Jay King sending him crashing into the plexi glass.

A nice powerplay move saw Ashley Tait and Klejna open up the Bees defence for Alex Sampford to score at 31:28.

The visitors had the better of the rest of the session with Marek Malinsky denied one-on-one by Goss the nearest they came to taking the lead.

Just 76 seconds into the final period, the Bison made it 2-1 as man of the match Bayley Harewood found Liam Morris at the blue line and he in turn passed the puck to Klejna, who squeezed the puck in at the post.

Soon after, James Galazzi was up to his normal tricks of goading opponents as he went to sin bin with Klejna.

With the side's reduced to four-on-four, Malinik had the room to operate and tied the game up at 46:09.

However, the Bison were not to be denied another derby victory, as a great move involving Adam Harding and Sampford saw Malinsky score the game winner at 49:10.

The Bees came looking for an equaliser and Aidan Doughty was denied by a great blocker save by Dan Weller-Evans.

At the other end Goss was called into action with a great save as Malinsky skated in one-on-one.

With 61 seconds left, Goss was pulled for the extra skater, but Bracknell were unable to tie the game.

Next up for the Herd is a trip to Romford on Sunday to face the Raiders.