AFC ALDERMASTON A were 1-0 up at half-time in their home Peter Raynbird Cup tie against Hook on Saturday, writes TONY SPENCER.

That first goal, by Vinny Kennedy, was set up by Peter Raines on 16 minutes.

Raines picked the ball up 30-yards out on the left and crossed for Kennedy to poke in at the far post.

Outnumbered Hook started with 10 players and only had the bare 11 from about 13 minutes on.

Hook responded on 21 minutes but their goal was disallowed, so leaving 1-0 at half-time with the sides evenly matched.

The awful weather conditions resulted in a scrappy second half, however, the result was confirmed by AFC with the second goal coming from Raines rounding the keeper before slotting in from an acute angle 2-0.

Kennedy could have scored more for the hosts, first with rounding the goalkeeper before a defender blocked his shot, with another chance denied by the crossbar.

Stand-in keeper Tom Braddel did well between the Hook sticks and Rory Lamb came close for the visitors, but the final score was AFC 2-0 Hook, their first win after four defeats.

Renegades ran out 6-1 winners over Tidworth Town, 1-0 up after five minutes through Merson Webb, then 2-0 after 15 minutes by Charlie Dobson, Mitchell Tyce made it 3-0 on 24 minutes.

In the second half Dobson notched his second for 4-0 on 63 minutes, before Tidworth replied on 76 minutes with an Adam Jones' strike.

Shortly after Tyce's brace for 5-1, and with four minutes left outstanding play from Dobson set up Webb to put away for 6-1.

Renegades back three were in good form and, although the match was much closer than the score suggests, Renegades were the better team.

AFC Berg hosted Bramley United in the North Hants Saturday Junior Cup in a good end-to-end tie with key chances wasted but overall a good game to watch.

Shaun Blackman opened the scoring for Berg on 20 minutes, hitting a 25-yard screamer from the right.

Bramley hit back minutes later with their first goal.

A solid save from Torren Kirrage on 33 minutes kept the game level at the end of the first half. The Ref only allowed three minutes for half-time as the match kicked off late.

Callum Silcox made a run in for a header that just missed the goal on 62 minutes, then on 68 minutes Berg's second goal via Kieron Alleyne. Bramley's second goal came on 72 minutes 2-2.

Berg's goalkeeper made a cracking save with a massive jump to force the ball back out into the field on the 73rd minute, followed 8 minutes later by Alleyne's second goal to give Berg the 3-2 ticket into the next round.

The first half of the Division One match between Twentyten and Oakridge saw a very even contest, with Oakridge threatening good chances to take the early lead.

But clinical finishing from Twentyten on 20 and 25 minutes by Stephen Bean and Dan Hancock put Twentyten ahead, although Oakridge deserved to reply around the half-hour mark, 2-1.

Beanz got his second on the cusp of half-time to give a flattering 3-1 scoreline.

The second half, played in pouring rain, was all Twentyten, who had shuffled their formation to generate further goals from Hancock, Alex Izzo, Tom Skinner and Joz Osborne for a 7-1 result, while Oakridge's men threw the wet towel in at 4-1.

Despite struggling with attacking options, having pushed holding midfielder Ryan Nuttall up front, it looked like North Warnborough had an early breakthrough against CK Andover in Division Two after a through ball from Thomas Coglan to Ryan Nuttall.

He beat his marker only for the ball to run away from him to the goalkeeper.

The visitors settled and despite bad weather conditions, started passing the ball around and were the better team.

A defensive error gave Andover the lead.

In response Bailey Craig beat the left back only for the Andover goalkeeper to make a great save.

Andover scored again, after the Warnborough right back was taken out by two players and Warnborough paused waiting for the free kick, but play was waved on and Andover scored easily.

Warnborough upped their game and Khalil Bentaleb was taken down outside the Andover area and Liam Cook buried the free-kick to make it 3-1.

This goal fired up Warnborough and although Andover were the better team, they found themselves hanging on, after a long throw from Khalil Bentaleb into Andover’s crowded box, allowed Ryan Nuttall to stab home from close range, 3-2.

Warnborough frantically tried to find the equaliser but ran out of time. CK Andover's third win in a row.

Fixtures for Saturday are as follows: Hampshire Vase Cup rd 2: BTC A v Herriard Sports, Oakridge v Silchester Village, Renegades Res v Hartland Ath.

Hampshire Plate Cup rd 1: Bramley Utd v Testlands.

Peter Raynbird Cup rd 1: Overton Utd A v AFC Berg Res. Rd 2: AFC Berg v Twentyten, Overton Utd Res v Chineham.

Division 1: Hook v Tadley Calleva Development.

Division 2: AFC Aldermaston Development v CK Andover, Tidworth Town v Basingstoke Ath.