RYAN Sutton scored a hat-trick on his first return to Hive since returning to the Bison, as the Herd dished out a 9-2 thrashing on their local rivals.

The Bison were still minus import Richard Bordowski and Brit Oscar Evans, but bossed the game from the start taking the lead after just 49 seconds, as Michal Klejna netted his first of four goals on the night, scoring from close range after Paul Petts, with his first point of the season and Ashley Tait combined.

Klejna then nearly doubled the lead, but Adam Goss made the save and then Bracknell's Edward Knaggs tested Alex Mettam.

The Herd did make it 2-0 at 12:48, as man of the match Sutton got his first of three powerplay goals, as Adam Jones blue line shot was deflected to him by George Norcliffe.

The Bison then added a third goal on another man advantage, thanks to a lovely passing move between Jones and Norcliffe, which Sutton converted at the back post.

As the period came to a close Josh Smith with a back hand shot from a Roman Malinik feed was denied by Mettam.

The home side hit penalty trouble early in the second period, but managed to kill off a five-on-three, as Klejna hit the pipework.

Bracknell were then given their first powerplay of the night.

However, despite being shorthanded, it the was the Bison who scored as Jay King won the puck and released Klejna to score.

Then 28 seconds later, on the same powerplay, the Bees opened their account from man of the match Ivan Antonov.

Any hopes of a Bracknell comeback were soon dashed as Klejna netted a Tait rebound and then completed a second period hat-trick with a powerplay strike to make it 6-1 at 31:06.

At this point, Goss was replaced in the Bees net by Danny Milton.

Any chances of a final period recovery from the home side vanished 59 seconds into the session, as after King's shot had hit the post, Petts and Ollie Stone combined for Alex Sampford to score.

Within two minutes it became 8-1 as Liam Morris scored his first of the season from a lovely feed from Sutton.

Soon after, Mettam was called into action to make a great stop from Knaggs.

The Bison then added number nine with their fourth powerplay of the night, as Sutton completed his hat-trick from a Klejna pass, after the goal celebration the visiting fans chant for 10.

However, Milton was able to stop the Bison making it into double figures and it was Bracknell who completed the match scoring, as Antonov netted his second of the night.

The 9-2 scoreline equalled the Herd's best ever win in Bracknell as they won at the Hive 10-3 in January 2011.

The Bison have only one game this weekend, when they entertain Swindon on Sunday night which has a 5.30pm.