BASINGSTOKE and District Saturday League Premier side Hook hosted Division Two side Basingstoke Athletic in the Hampshire Vase Cup.

The visitors held on for half an hour before Andrew Haig edged Hook ahead.

Within five minutes Athletic levelled with a cross and James Lounton's header.

Jack McKee scored to put Hook 2-1 up 65 minutes. Athletic pushed up to seek an equaliser and were hit on the break, as Dan Allison found Jason Williams to finish from 10-yards out to make it 3-1 with just three minutes left.

AFC Aldermaston A arrived for the Berks and Bucks Cup tie at Mortimer Wanderers to find there was no referee arranged for the tie.

Apparently the one appointed cried off on Thursday and no alternative arranged.

The teams agreed that two different home players would ref one half each.

The game got underway and after 10 minutes the home side were awarded and converted a dubious penalty.

Numerous free-kicks, offside decisions, fouls were given against the away side and the half ended 1-0.

The second half started with a second Mortimer player refereeing and the condition continued, stop start, with biased free kicks given.

Midway through the second half, Mortimer were awarded a free-kick just outside Aldermaston penalty area and a fantastic free-kick drilled into the top right hand corner of the net for 2-0 to end the contest.

AFC Aldermaston Development secured their Peter Raynbird Cup progression in the first half with a brace of screamers from James Armstrong and Josh Stokes' brace in very windy conditions.

They led 4-1 at half-time, with CK Andover's goal coming from a good finish from Will Lloyd. After dominating second half possession, spurning chances and hitting the post twice.

CK Andover finally scored a second consolation goal, well taken goal by Jamie Healy, losing 4-2.

Bramley United, seeking to end a run of two home defeats, were 2-0 up after 10 minutes through Bradley Young and George Eastman.

Tidworth Town levelled from a Dan Hughes brace on 24 and 27 minutes, before Nathan Snow put the visitors ahead 3-2 by the break.

Immediately after half-time Scott Farrell made it 4-2. Lewis Strudwick played Young through to score his second for Bramley, but Luke Denham had one effort cleared off the line and that elusive equaliser never materialised.

Tidworth's Sheldon Waters on 70 minutes killed the game, and Adam Jones on 87 minutes handed Tidworth victory, 6-3, their first win since joining the Basingstoke league.

Despite a Banica-Marian Oprea hat-trick, the first coming after only 90 seconds, North Warnborough went down 6-4 to visitors Renegades Reserves, who were level on four minutes and ahead shortly after.

Luke Ratcliff's pass to Oprea temporarily levelled the match and John Scott-Elliot scored another consolation with 20 minutes left.

However, Robson Payne used his pace to score four goals for the Renegades, one from a free kick, while Dave Purt added a brace.

Man of the match was defender Ian Ryan in Renegades Reserves' first victory.

In Division One Twentyten beat Silchester Village 3-1 after an even game played in a respectful manner by both sides.

The opening goal came on 15 minutes, a long throw by Joz Osborne headed on by Dan Hancock for Tom Skinner to net from the edge of the box for his first Twentyten goal.

The equaliser for Silchester came in the 45th minute when a long ball over the defence resulted in a penalty, put away by Cam George.

On the hour, Dan Hancock put away a header giving Twentyten back the lead.

On 70 minutes, the new sin bin rule put Twentyten down to 10 men.

However, some good play by Stephen Bean forced the goalkeeper to parry out to Joe Richards to bury for a 3-1 victory, giving Twentyten three wins in a row.

The visitors could no’t mount a response, this ending a run of three victories.

AFC Berg Reserves made a strong start to their Division Two game at Herriard Sports with an early goal from Mitch Medford's low shot after six minutes.

The hosts levelled 1-1 after 22 minutes, Sam Weber running past four players to score a solo goal, followed on 26 minutes by James Hudson's pile-driver making it 2-1 at half-time.

On 50 minutes, Sam Weber set up Chris Dobbie to put Herriard 3-1 up.

Just past the hour Medford netted his second cracking goal from a solo run for Berg, followed by a few close shots from Ben Muss and Steve Death, but Berg did not have enough time to pull off the draw, as Herriard's enjoyed their first win of the season.

This Saturday fixtures are Hampshire Junior A Cup rd 1: AFC Berg Res v Compton Res, Bramley Utd v Burrfields, CK Andover v Seaview, Cowplain v Oakridge, FC Strawberry v Overton United Res, Hythe Aztecs v Herriard Sports, Newchurch v Chineham, North Warnborough v BTC A, Overton United A v Oakfield, Renegades Res v ECS Res, Silchester Village v AFC Berg, Tadley Calleva Development v Sporting Wessex, Twentyten v Testlands.

Division 1: AFC Aldermaston A v Hook.