BASINGSTOKE Town finally got their first win of the season, as they came back from 3-1 down at North Leigh to win 4-3 in the FA Trophy.

It was a great start for new Dragons’ boss Dan Brownlie, after being given the job of manager this week, having been in charge as caretaker last weekend.

He made one change to the line-up which drew at AFC Totton with Rueben Collins coming back from suspension, which meant there was no place for Reece Rusher.

The visitors had the first good chance of the game after just two minutes, when Adam Everiss fired over from an acute angle.

On the 10-minute mark, Ben Wright swung a free-kick out wide to the left and Adam Everiss’ cross flew into the net off the leg of Ben Brown.

On 14 minutes, the home side were awarded a penalty after Ben Wright was adjudged to have handled.

Ekow Elliott gave Chris Rackley no chance from the spot.

The Dragons nearly took the lead again on 24 minutes, but Wright’s free-kick came back off the bar.

Just three minutes later, North Leigh were awarded their second penalty of the contest after Aaron Woodley was fouled in the box.

Once again Elliott made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-1 which was still the score at half-time.

Just five minutes after the re-start, the home side looked to have put the tie to bed, after Lance Williams headed home.

However, the Dragons came roaring back and just before the hour mark, a corner was stabbed home by Scott Armsworth.

Then on 64 minutes, Town made it 3-3 as a great ball from sub Ricardo Andrady allowed Zach Robinson to fire home.

Just eight minutes later and Basingstoke completed an extraordinary turn around and took the lead, as Wright headed home from Robinson.

They so nearly added a fifth goal with two minutes left, but Robinson fired over after being found by an excellent ball from Andrady.

The reward for the victory is a trip to fellow Southern League Division One outfit Cirencester Town on Saturday, October 12.

Next up for Town is a trip to Mangotsfield United on Tuesday night in the league.