HARTLEY Wintney and Chichester City have got to do it all again on Tuesday evening in Sussex, after both sides toiled in the sun in a 0-0 draw.

Hartley were unlucky not to take the lead on eight minutes after a long run by Sal Abubakar.

His cross found Ty Smith whose effort saw Chi goalkeeper Steven Mowthorpe pull off a good save.

Josh Webb was quick onto the rebound and his shot smacked against the post.

On 18 minutes Abubakar linked with Mickel Platt who set up Webb who saw his full blooded effort blocked.

Eleven minutes later a Webb cross found the head of Jack Ball who saw his effort go just over.

The Row held a slight edge but were unable to fashion a clear-cut chance.

The visitor’s best effort came when a Lloyd Rowlett corner was headed just over by Scott Jones on 37 minutes.

Four minutes later Mickel Platt got free down the middle but his strong shot went wide.

On the stroke of half time Josh Clack for the Chi’s sent in a dangerous low cross which Matt Drage did well to direct over his own crossbar.

The Chi’s came more into the game after the break but it was the Row who had the first chance.

Webb created space on the left and his cross found Smith who directed his header wide.

The visitors fashioned a chance on 61 minutes. Rob Hutchings found the run of the dangerous Scott Jones and the striker shot wide of the goal.

With Chichester growing in confidence Emmett Dunn set up Rowlatt who saw his effort go just wide.

The introduction of the three Row substitutes brought much needed urgency.

On 77 minutes Louie Paget made a foraging run down the right and his cross hit Chi’s Dunn and went just past the post.

The visitors responded and a Jones cross gave Jimmy Wild a chance. The substitute’s effort brought out a good save from a well-positioned Luke Williams in the Hartley goal.

A minute later the Row put together a good move which saw Jack French through on goal. French elected to try and round Mowthorpe and went down under the challenge.

‘Penalty !!’ claimed the Row. Referee Hugh Gilroy who was well positioned, was unmoved and awarded a corner.

This was a very poor performance by the Row against a well organised Chichester side.

Manager Anthony Millerick will be looking for a vastly improved show on Tuesday if Hartley want to continue along the Wembley trail.

Millerick said: “The scorching heat made life difficult for both teams and there was little fluent football. I think there were too many unforced errors from our team and we were a long way from full tilt.

He added: “I felt we ‘huffed and puffed’ a lot with little end result. The few positives are we restricted the opposition to very few chances. Also despite being a long way from our best we are still in the cup. We will head to Chichester on Tuesday and give it a good go.