AN ASSURED performance from Tiverton Town saw them claim all three points against a subdued Hartley Wintney and keep themselves in the upper reaches of the league.

The visitors had an early chance on eight minutes when Jordan Bastin and Joshua Key combined to set up Tyler Elliott.

The wingers accurate shot lacked power and the Row keeper Luke Williams saved.

Hartley took the lead on 19 minutes following a good break down the right from Sal Abubakar.

The wingers cross was converted from close range by Dean Rule.

Tivvy almost pulled level three minutes later when a cross from Key was almost forced in by Bastin, but Williams just held on to the ball on the goal line.

The visitors almost pulled level on 26 minutes after a slick move between Key and Noah Smerdon set up River Allen.

The midfielder was unlucky to see his shot hit the underside of the crossbar.

However, after a period of pressure Tiverton deservedly equalised on 39 minutes when a corner from Bastin caused saw a scramble on the line and Hartley’s Matt Drage touched the ball into his own net. The Row claimed a foul on goalkeeper Williams, but referee Shane Mansfield was unmoved.

It took Tivvy just two minutes to take the lead at the start of the second period.

A Hartley free-kick on the right into the area was cleared.

A quick break saw Elliott feeding Allen who set up Bastin who fired home from the edge of the box.

On 53 minutes a free-kick for Tivvy saw Joshua Key’s effort go just past the post.

Tiverton stretched their lead on 62 minutes. A move down the middle created space for Jared Lewington who shot home from the edge of the box to make it 3-1.

Hartley came into the game and a Josh Webb corner on 66 minutes saw a headed effort saved by Tivvy goalkeeper Lewis Williams.

Williams was called into action again on 80 minutes when a cross from Nathan Smart found the head of Shane Hollamby who saw his effort saved.

Two minutes from time Key combined with Lewington and his effort brought out a good foot save from Williams.

The visitors added a fourth goal in the last minute when Key set up River Allen who curled an effort beyond Luke Williams and into the net.

The Row have a break from league football for their next two games. On Tuesday evening, they entertain Fareham Town in the second round of the Hampshire Cup.

Then on Saturday they return to FA Cup action with a second qualifying round match at home against Chichester City.