HARTLEY Wintney and Harrow Borough shared the spoils in a match where a few key refereeing decisions had a bearing on the match.

The Row led from an early penalty, but then were forced to play 70 minutes with just 10 players after the dismissal of Jack Ball.

Hartley started brightly and went ahead on three minutes.

Josh Webb picked out a run by Nathan Smart and his cross from the right was handled by a defender.

Mitchell Parker converted from the spot.

On eight minutes, Ty Smith’s corner from the right saw the Borough defence having difficulty clearing.

Several efforts were blocked before the visitors managed to finally clear.

On 11 minutes the visitors registered their first effort.

A long throw from Josh Andrew found Anthony O’Connor who shot wide.

The Row resumed on the attack and playing some attractive football. Continuous pressure almost saw Hartley go ahead on 16 minutes.

A Josh Webb cross found Alex Albert who saw his header bring an excellent stop from Borough goalkeeper Hafed Al-Droubi.

The game took a dramatic turn on 20 minutes when a Row clearance cannoned backwards into the path of Anthony O’Connor.

As the striker bore down on goal he was hauled down by Jack Ball who was issued a red card by referee Declan O’Shea.

Hartley claimed Ball was not the last defender.

However, the referee deemed that a goal scoring opportunity was denied by the foul and Ball trudged off for an early shower.

The subsequent free-kick brought a good save from Luke Williams in the Row goal.

The Borough pressed forward with the man advantage and on 24 minutes almost pulled level.

A corner on the right from the influential Michael Bryan found O’Connor who seen his effort cleared off the line.

Five minutes later, Bryan found space on the left and his cross found the run of Frank Keita who bundled the ball past the post.

On 31 minutes, referee O’Shea was again at the forefront of a difficult decision.

A Ty Smith cross found Josh Webb who quickly drove the ball into the penalty area.

Mitch Parker did well to adjust and deflect the ball onto the underside of the crossbar. The ball crashed down and back into play.

The referee awarded a goal and the players moved back to the centre circle.

The assistant referee attracted the referee’s attention and after discussion the goal was chalked off.

The assistant deemed the ball had not crossed the line.

Spectators in line with the goal line agreed with the assistant referee and play was restarted with a dropped ball to the goalkeeper.

The Borough resumed on the attack and on 40 minutes a cross from George Moore found the head of O’Connor who directed his effort wide. A minute later a snap shot from Keita was saved by Williams.

Harrow were quickly on the attack in the second period and on 48 minutes Moore tested Williams with an effort from the edge of the box. The Borough forced a number of corners as the pressure mounted

On 65 minutes, Andrew and Moss combined and the low cross saw a Row defender do well to deflect the ball wide.

However, the equaliser was only to be delayed by two minutes.

A slick move ended with Moore crossing to O’Connor. The striker connected well and scored with a well placed shot.

Hertley came more into the game and registered a decent effort on 70 minutes.

A long throw from Parker found its way to Tayo who saw his well placed header saved.

On 76 minutes a cross field ball found Moore coming in from the wing and his strong drive from a difficult angle produced a good save from Williams.

The Borough continued with the edge and in the last minute of added time almost snatched the winner.

Jordan Ireland made good progress in midfield and he found Moss.

The substitute tried his luck from 20 yards and the ball clipped the post before going out for a goal kick.

Hartley have played three matches and have produced a good level of play.

However, they will be hoping Lady Luck will be on their side for their next matches.

After the game manager Anthony Millerick said: “Obviously the sending off completely changed the game against a Harrow side who have been in good form in their previous two games.

“However an incredible effort by the team to battle and get a well deserved point.

“We could certainly do with a rub of the green in forthcoming matches.

“ It’s is good to get a week’s break now and focus on the August Bank Holiday games.

“I thought all the players done well and Shane Hollamby was the pick in defence.”

Next for Hartley on Saturday is Met Police away on Saturday and then they face Gosport Borough on Monday, which will see the return of former goalscoring ace Sam Argent.