HARTLEY Wintney rounded off their pre-season campaign with a 2-2 draw at Bedfont.

The Row dominated the match for long periods and will pinch themselves to understand how they did not win.

They started quickly and registered three efforts in the first ten minutes.

The first saw a Jack French effort saved by David Trivino in the Bedfont goal.

Shane Hollomby then set up Tayo Odelayo who shot wide. Jack French picked out a good run from Nathan Smart who shot across the goal. The pressure finally told on 13 minutes when a Josh Webb corner into the box fell kindly for Shane Hollomby who swept home from close range.

A minute later, a Tom Bird free kick saw Odelayo’s effort go just wide.

The Row continued to dominate although without creating chances.

On 31 minutes, a strike from Webb saw Trivino save at the second attempt.

The home side came into the game and two minutes later, a lob from distance from Ardy Ali went just over.

Ali was soon involved again when loose play in midfield by the Row saw Ali put through on goal.

Row goalkeeper Chris Harris hauled him down inside the penalty area. Ali got to his feet and scored from the spot.

A well worked move by the home side gave a chance to Charlie Malin who saw his effort saved by Harris.

The second period started in the same fashion as the first. On 46 minutes a Tom Bird free-kick from 25 yards hit the crossbar. A minute later and the Row went ahead.

A Webb corner saw Hollomby force the ball through to Odelao who scored from close range.

Hartley remained on top but were creating fewer chances.

On 70 minutes the home side put together a good move.

Joe Jackson found Didi Ndombe moving into the Hartley area and Harris pulled off of good stop.

Two minutes later a Webb corner found the head of Hollomby who saw his effort cleared off the line.

A minute later Bird had a free-kick saved by Trivino.

A flurry of substitutions saw the game even up as both sides adjusted.

On 75 minutes, Jack Ball got on the end of a Webb corner but his header went just over.

Two minutes later, a good individual run from Sal Abubakkar saw him send his parting shot just wide.

Soon after, Abubakkar set up Mikel Platt who saw his effort saved by Trivino.

On 83 minutes, Jordan Stepney got on the end of a corner from Angel Zapata-Montes and headed just wide.

The home side pushed up and were rewarded in the 85 minutes.

Hartley were unable to get distance on a clearance. Jackson tried his luck from 25 yards and his deflected effort looped over Harris and into the net.

Hartley open their Southern League Premier Division campaign on Saturday with a trip to Wimborne Town.