A NUMBER of injuries and a suspension forced Hartley Wintney to dig deep into their playing resources as they drew 1-1 at Swindon Supermarine.

Stuart Norman played in goal replacing Chris Harris who was injured near the end of Saturday’s match. With just one fit striker in Mitchell Parker available Jack Ball was pushed forward.

The Row started well and went ahead after just two minutes. A very good bout of passing sown the left involving Louie Paget, Angel Zapata-Montes and Mitchell Parker saw the latter cross into the path of Jack Ball who scored from five yards.

Hartley continued to have the bulk of the play and on five minutes Mitchell and Zapata- Montes combined with the latter bringing out a good stop from a well positioned Martin Horsell in the home goal.

Marine put forward their first meaningful attack on 11 minutes and it ended with the equaliser. Dan Williamson and Harry Williams combined and Stuart Norman blocked well to concede a corner. From the flag kick by Henry Spalding Matt Williams rose highest and unchallenged to nod home. .

On 23 minutes there was almost a repeat of the marine goal. Spalding’s corner again found Matt.Williams who shot just wide. A minute later A Ryan Campbell cross on the run found Spalding on the edge of the box. The wingers shot brought out a good save from Norman.

Hartley regained the initiative and could have gone ahead approaching half time.

On 41 minutes a Josh Webb corner on the right found Alex Albert who saw his full blooded shot blocked.

On the stroke of half time a left wing corner from Webb again found Albert who shot over.

Hartley were forced to re-shuffle the pack at the start of the second half with Mitchell Parker picking up an injury towards the end of the first period.

Marley Ridge was pushed forward and Tyrone Newton played in midfield.

If the first half was relatively even the second half saw the home side dominate for long periods.

On 47 minutes Harry Williams set up Calvin Disley who saw his shot parried by Norman.

Stuart Fleetwood recovered the loose ball and his shot brought out a good save from Norman. Three minutes later the Marine put together their best move of the match involving many players.

The ball eventually found Fleetwood who shot across the face of the goal.

Hartley posed their first threat of the half when Webb’s shot from 25 yards went over.

Marine were well on top but unable to unlock a stubborn Row defence. It was Hartley who recorded the next effort on 67 minutes when Marley Ridge worked space for Jack French who shot wide from 20 yards.

The home side piled on the pressure and forced a number of corners. On 73 minutes a corner from Jamie Edge found Mat Liddiard who shot over from almost on the goal line. Hartley continued to hang on although they had a scare on 85 minutes. Another corner from Edge found Harry Williams who headed over.

In a very watchable game the Hartley Wintney team showed great resilience the defence took most of the plaudits with erstwhile right back Tyron Smith hardly putting a food wrong.

Joint manager Anthony Millerick said: "The great spirit in the team once again shone through. They could have been dis-heartened at half time at losing a striker but showed good determination. We were equal in the first half but only created a couple of half chances in the second.

He added: "It has been a good Easter with four points out of six against good teams. Ty (Smith) did well at full back and used his experience to good effect.

"This was a good battling performance and brings us up to 60 points Also we are still within the top 10 positions with just one game to go."

Hartley finish their season on Saturday at home to Dorchester knowing a win could see them finish the campaign in seventh.