THE top of the table clash in the Basingstoke and District Sunday League Division One between Republic of Chineham and Bramley United ended all square at 1-1, writes TONY SPENCER.

The previous two matches between these two sides this season had be high scoring, with a win each, but a tight first half ended goal less.

Ten minutes into the second half a long ball from defence was volleyed in off the post by Bramley's Stuart Leddy.

About ten minutes after that opener, the hosts equalised after this both clubs closed the gates at each end and shared the points.

Brookvale United went into their home game against Soldiers Return looking for their sixth win in seven matches but found themselves 1-0 down at half time.

In the second half Adam Aimable placed a free-kick into the danger zone, Jack Martin who ventured upfield from the back had a swipe at it and the ball fell to debutant Henry Banning, who coolly converted from close range, to level the scores.

A penalty shout was waved away and some questionable decisions from the visiting linesman stopped Vale taking the lead.

Soldiers then capitalised on a number of individual errors from the home side and stormed into a 4-1 lead.

Top scorer Aimable then rounded the keeper and slotted home his 20th of the season to make it 4-2, but another error allowed the visitors to make the final score 5-2 and spoil United’s 100 per cent home record for 2019.

Fred Cloke, Andrew Darmody, with a hat-trick, and substitute Ben Allnutt netted for Soldiers.

The North Warnborough and Chineham match was played end to end throughout the first half without registering a goal for either side.

The hosts were awarded a penalty that Ryan Thorpe failed to convert.

Boro had started with only 10 players and only worked their way up to 11 halfway through the half.

Sam Ashton scored in the second half for Chineham, it and looked like they'd just done enough for all three points, until the last meaningful kick of the game when Ish Alvarez crossed to Sean Hayes to level 1-1 with a header at the far post.

The liveliest match in Division Two went to Basingstoke Saints, who beat AFC Basing 7-4 in a game of two halves.

Saints ruled the roost in the opening 45 with a 5-1 lead, but Basing just edged the second to close the gap to finish 7-4.

Luke Charlton and Tommy Manners fired in braces for Saints, with singles from Matt Cuthbertson, Dom Forward and Liam James, while Callum Silcox and Jay Stephens notched up braces for Basing.

After losing their midweek game at Overton, AFC Laarsens' first league reverse of the season, they bounced straight back with a 3-1 win at Chineham Reserves.

Alex Izzo netted for the home side, while Laith Aldoori got a brace to add Alex Catt's strike. Laarsens just have the one defeat in their last ten games and still on track for honours this season.

Overton United, hot from their stunning victory over AFC Laarsens in midweek, chalked up another home win, 3-2 against Kempshott.

Team FC go through to the Andover Presidents Cup final after a 3-0win at Tadley Tigers.

Chineham Cavaliers stretched their current run to six straight wins as they humbled New Park Rangers 4-0 to reach the Bernard Cornish Cup final.