THE Basingstoke Bison set up a semi final showdown with the Peterborough Phantoms next weekend as they recorded back-to-back wins over the Streatham Redhawks.

On Saturday night, in the first leg of quarter-final the Herd won 5-2 and last night it was the same score again.

Once again the Bison were minus defensive duo Adam Jones and Elliott Dewey and early on were under the cosh from the visitors who looked the more likely to score with a very physical style.

However, Alex Mettam in the home net was equal to everything and in fact it was the Bison who took the lead at 16:15 as Richard Bordowski netted from the right wing assisted by Russ Cowley.

Streatham hit back a minute later, when Rupert Quiney was given too much time in the slot and picked his spot.

The second session saw the home side start the much better, but it was the visitors who took the lead as Ben Russell's blue line shot was deflected in by Thomas Soar at 24:37.

The visitors were then given a powerplay, when man of the match Liam Morris was penalised for holding the stick of Streatham's man of the match Alex Roberts.

Streatham pressed to try and reduce the lead to one goal overall, but disaster struck as pass out of the zone from Russ Cowley was chased down by Ashley Tait.

The Bison player/coach skated to behind the net and was able to wait for the on rushing Michal Klejna, delivering the inch perfect pass for the Slovak sniper to score.

The home fans had barely finished celebrating that shorthanded marker, when another arrived 10 seconds, later as this time Adam Harding turned provider for Bordowski to score and make it 3-2.

The final period saw chances from both sides and Jamieson should have added a third for his side when he beat Mettam with some clever stick work only to then put the puck wide of an empty net.

Danny Ingoldsby at the other end of the rink proved to be more clinical as he fired in from the left wing at 53:04.

The Bison then added a fifth five minutes after Jay King chipped the puck off the glass down the wing to Bordowski.

The Basingstoke import skated away and laid on a lovely pass for George Norcliffe to convert.

The final action of the game arrived 55.5 seconds from the end of the contest, when Streatham's Joshua Condren decided he wanted to fight Adam Harding and soon regretted it being put on his backside.

Both players picked up four minutes for fighting and the then the final 55 seconds was just played out.

The victory now means the Bison will face Peterborough next weekend with the home game in Basingstoke on Saturday (6.30pm).

The other semi-final will see Swindon take on Bracknell.