THE semi -final of the Basingstoke A Cup between Silchester Village and Twentyten did not take place as the Silchester pitch was waterlogged.

It is back on for this Saturday, again at Silchester.

The other semi final is being played this Saturday between Hook and AFC Berg.

The final scheduled to be played at Barlow’s Park Tadley on Saturday May 4. Kick-off 2.30 p.m.

Tadley Calleva A had their first Basingstoke and District Saturday League Division One win since October when beating local rivals AFC Aldermaston Reserves 3-1.

This young Tadley side has been playing well lately without success, but gained revenge for the Peter Raynbird Cup defeat by Aldermaston by beating them this time.

Tadley had a great start by going in front after just two minutes when a good ball from Ellis Theodore found Ewan Young and his cross was put away at the far post by Fred Ball.

In the 14th minute it became 2-0 when Ball again scrambled the ball into the net and in the 25th minute Ball took on men three men and pulled the ball back for Bradley Cox to make it 3-0.

Aldermaston came back with a goal just before the break through Matty Wilson, but although they did press the second half, Dave Hicks, who was in the Tadley goal this week, played well and in particular pulled off a great double save.

Manager Bradley Nash felt his youngsters defended well to hold onto the three points, in particular the form of centre half Mason Timney, who looks in particular one for the future of the Tadley club.

The clash between the bottom two clubs Herriard Sports and Overton United A did not take place as Herriard could not raise enough players to fulfil the fixture.

The points will now be awarded to Overton, who still remains in bottom spot on goal difference.

Although their A team may be having a rough time, Overton United B team are definitely not, as they move to the top of the Division Two table after beating Basingstoke Athletic 7-0.

This was in fact an ordered replay after the original match in December was abandoned in the 80th minute with Overton leading 8-1.

It was Athletic having the better of the play in the opening twenty minutes, but once Overton went in front in the 25th minute, when Richie Budd scored from a Bailey Roffey assist, there was no stopping them.

They were three up by half time.

The goals coming from Roffey after a pass from an Oliver Parker, Andy Bullock after the spade work from Roffey and Roffey was the provider for Bullock to score his second in the 55th minute to increase their lead.

In the 65th minute, Ross Harwood made it 5-0 from a free-kick after he was fouled 25 yards out.

The sixth came 10 minutes later when a corner by Roffey was headed out and fell to Budd who volleyed home his second.

The final goal was scored by manager Ross Soper-Dyer, an excellent 30 yard shot sailing into the net after a poor clearance fell to him.

The reason for Overton B topping the table is because Renegades, leaders for most of the season, were held to a 0-0 draw away to North Warnborough.

Borough looked to have the edge and only a fine save by Dave Purt who tipped a free-kick by Liam Cook from way out over the bar, stopped them taking the lead and Banica-Marian Oprea shot wide from two difficult chances.

For Renegades, Ricky Smith and Matty Baker had half chances, but goalkeeper Reece Emery did well by keeping a clean sheet for the third week running and in the end they were happy with a point.

In the 90th minute Renegades almost snatched the winner.

A free-kick taken by Ian Ryan fell to Ash Burchett who put the chance over the bar. Renegades Manager Mark Burchett was full of praise for his back four for their contributions to the team’s success in their first season.

Following their defeat against Chineham last month, Twentyten Reserves made it three wins in a row by beating AFC Berg Reserves 6-0.

The division’s top scorer Stephen Bean was again in top form and scored a hat-trick to take his tally for the season to 26.

His first came after 15 minutes after taking on the goalkeeper in a one-on-one.

The Berg defence contained them until the 44th minute when Bean struck again, running onto a ball over the top from Josh Bromley.

His third came in the 60th minute from a penalty after Jordon Wainwright had been brought down.

Franklin Spacagna netted the fourth and two late goals from substitute Joe Osborne after jinxing his way through on both occasions.

Saturday's games are Basingstoke A Cup semi-finals: Hook v AFC Berg, Silchester Village v Twentyten.

Division 1: AFC Aldermaston Res v Overton Utd A.

Division 2: AFC Aldermaston A v Tewentyten Res, AFC Berg Res v Basingstoke Ath, Renegades v Overton Utd B.