BASINGSTOKE Town’s bad run away from home continued, as they lost at Dorchester Town 4-1.

The result saw the Dragons slip to 18th in the Southern League Premier South table and they are now just one point above Gosport Borough, who sit in the final relegation spot.

Basingstoke made one change to the side which beat Swindon Supermarine the week before, with Dan Bayliss coming in for Sam Deadfield.

The home side started the better and took the lead after 14 minutes from Aaron Rodriquez.

He collected a cross from Antonio Diaz and then eased past the covering defender, before slamming home from 18-yards out.

Basingstoke replied when Sam Smart earned a free-kick, but Dean Stow put the effort over the bar from 25-yards out.

Soon after, Basingstoke goalkeeper Tom McGill was called into action and produced a great save to deny Diaz.

Basingstoke’s Sam Argent then robbed Sam Jackson of the ball on the edge of the area and his powerful shot was tipped over by Nick Hutchings.

Dorchester should have doubled their lead when Rodriquez’s stinging cross was spilled by McGill, but Billy Lowes’ effort was cleared off the line by Bayliss.

On 31 minutes, the Dragons roared back to level things, as Smart flew past Ross Carmichael and his cross was turned into his own goal by Callum Rose.

Ten minutes after the interval, Dorchester took back the lead, as Noah Keats and Diaz combined for Rodriguez to net his second of the game.

The goal sparked a flurry of chances for the Magpies as Diaz hit the post and then saw another effort cleared off the line.

Just after the hour mark, the home side added a third goal with a penalty.

after Jack Wakely fouled Diaz.

Ben Seymour made no mistake from the spot.

The home side then added a fourth a minute from time.

Sub Dom Panesar-Dower’s mazy dribble drew a foul, from which the quick-thinking Harry Kite released Diaz.

The Spaniard then fed the supporting Kyle Egan, who picked out Seymour to tap in from three yards out.

Next up for Town is a tough looking home game against third placed Met Police on Saturday.