SOLDIERS Return bowed out for the Kelvin Cup despite scoring seven times as they beaten in a penalty shoot-out by Mucky Duck last Sunday. Soldiers were the better team in the opening minutes taking a 2-0 lead.

The opener came after five minutes from a long throw netted at close range by Jamie Galpin.

Then a cross by Cobi Judd on eight minutes was converted by Stu Cubbage.

However, Winchester side Mucky Duck took a 3-2 in at half-time due to mistakes by Soldiers' defence against a big physical side who proved to be excellent on set pieces.

In the second half, every time Soldiers scored, within minutes the visitors would score again to go in front again.

Ellis set up Galpin to fire from a tight angle into the roof of the net to make it 3-3.

A long throw to Andy Darmody was hit home on the volley, then a penalty was awarded after Judd was taken out in the box, and Freddie Cloke scored from the spot.

Finally, in normal time, with eight minutes left, a throw gave substitute Luke Morgan a volley into the net off the underside of the bar to make it six all.

Into extra time and about five minutes in, a long throw was slotted in by Cubbage.

There were late chances to win but were missed and the score at the end of the extra session was 7-7.

Mucky Duck then won the shoot-out 3-2.

In the other quarter-final tie Republic of Chineham beat Arms SMB 4-2.

Team FC were beaten 4-2 by a strong Tidworth Town team in the North Hants Senior Cup semi-finals.

In the North Hants John Ward Cup semi-finals, FC Wildebeest Reserves lost 2-1 to visiting New Park Rangers, thanks to strikes from Simon Harrison and Tom Starbuck. Rangers have now gone nine games undefeated.

Bramley United lost their first Division One game of the season against a very dominant Tadley Tigers.

The first half was goalless despite end to end football, with both teams having good chances.

The moment of the half was a free kick on the edge of the area when Jake Young was clearly taken down and could easily have been a spot kick. Young followed this up by hitting the upright.

In the second half the home team Tadley dominated throughout and were a goal up after substitute Matt Goodenough danced round the Bramley right back and slotted into the bottom corner.

The next two goals came from another substitute, Ollie Hunt, who tapped in both from two yards out, with assistance by Luke Maclean after great passages of play from the Tigers.

This 3-0 defeat for Bramley ended their run of five games unbeaten in all competitions.

Hampshire Irons took a 2-0 lead at Chineham, but with a bare 11 players and no subs, the longer the game went on the more they tired.

Iron's Alex Brundle had opened the scoring from the six-yard box on the end Jack Miller's cross.

Then Ryan Tucker hit the crossbar and Alfie Jones was on hand to finish nicely.

Chineham were on top for most of the second half and drew level with two goals, one scored by Goater, and in the last two minutes edged it with an own goal to win 3-2.

Brookvale United took the lead at Eastrop Eagles with a screamer from outside the box from skipper Tommy L’Heureux, the 'Vale captain's first league goal of the season.

However, a defensive error from Dan Mole let Eagles in to level before leading scorer Adam Aimable raced through to power a left-footed strike past the goalkeeper to give the visitors 'Vale a 2-1 lead.

Goalkeeper Brodie Good then conceded a penalty but picked himself up to save the spot kick well with a dive to his left, leaving the score 2-1 at the break.

In the second half, Nathan Duncombe followed in an Aimable strike and then Aimable headed home a perfectly placed free-kick from Stuart Jarvis to make it 4-1.

Eastrop pulled one back in a late rally, but the visitors held on for three crucial points towards survival, the result being their first league double. Nathan Bennis and substitute Tom Green scored for Eagles.

Division Two leaders Camrose Social were beaten 3-2 away at Chineham Cavaliers, who are unbeaten now in their last eight home games.

Ryan Lupton and Matthew Foreman from the penalty spot scored for Camrose.

South Ham Saints were beaten 4-0 by Shallow End, their first league double, thanks to strikes from Charlie Eldridge, Callum Elson, Taku Hwehwe and Callum Rump

Ryan Bennett's goal helped AFC Basing earn a 1-1 draw with Kempshott.

Overton United had an exciting 5-5 draw at home to Basingstoke Saints.

This Sunday's fixtures are Hampshire Intermediate Cup semi-finals: Soldiers Return v Duke of Connaught's Fareham, Vienna Suttoners v Rep of Chineham.

Division 1: Hampshire Irons v Tadley Tigers, North Warnborough v Bramley Utd, Team FC v Chineham.

Division 2: AFC Basing v South Ham Saints, AFC Laarsens v Shallow End, Basingstoke Saints v Kempshott, Camrose Social v Chineham Res, New Park Rangers v Overton Utd.