THERE was a crowd of over 100 at the Silchester Common to see Silchester Village make the final of the North Hants May Cup after beating Andover League club Kingsclere 2-1.

Kingsclere had the first chance in the third minute as Steff Fowler cut in from the right and fired wide.

At the other end Faz Omar played Peter White through and he forced a good save and both White and Omar had further opportunities without success as it remained 0-0.

Silchester looked to have broken the deadlock early in the second half when White netted after a saved shot from Carl Russell fell to him, but it was disallowed.

On 52 minutes, Jeff Graham came off the bench and five minutes later he scored from a though ball from White.

The lead was doubled after 74 minutes as Stephen Burgess' nice cross saw Graham do the rest to make it 2-0.

Kingsclere came back with a Will Collier penalty with 10 minutes left.

However, there was no further scare for the Basingstoke League club and they will now meet Broughton.

They won at Hook in the other semi-final winning a penalty shoot out after it finished 1-1.

Broughton scored from the penalty shot after three minutes and Hook equalised on 77 minutes from Ismael Alvarez.

In the shoot-out Pete Silvester missed the opener for Hook and although Dan King, Dan Alliston, Jack McKee and Dan Mellors all converted, Broughton made no mistake from all five.

Ashley Elward smashed in a hat-trick for AFC Berg, which helped them snap a three game losing streak with a 5-3 win against AFC Aldermaston Reserves in the Basingstoke and District League Division One.

Berg's other goals came from Jessy Todd and Reece Chapman.

Aldermaston's trio were scored Matt Wilkins, Michael Porter and Luquan Small.

Herriard Sports are off the bottom of the table after registering their first league win of the season beating Tadley Calleva A 6-3.

Sports goals came from Sam Weber (3), Nick Saunders (2) and Connor Lovell.

Tadley's three were scored by Bradley Cox and a brace of penalties from Jack Jones.

Renegades retain their one point lead at the top of Division Two with a 2-0 win against Chineham, as Danny Costen and Ricky Smith were on target.

Overton United B keep the pressure on the leaders with a 3-1 win against third place Oakridge.

This was thanks to Roffey and a Andy Bullock's brace, before a late consolation from Aaron Johns.

Ryan Watts was the match winner for Basingstoke Athletic over AFC Berg Reserves as they came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

Stefan Graham and Steven De’ath netted for Berg and they still led by two with three minutes left.

Paul Taylor started the comeback and then a quick brace from Watts secured the win.

AFC Aldermaston A remain bottom of the table after being narrowly beaten 2-1 by Twentyten Reserves, as Stephen Bean and Ryan Lupton were on target.

Saturday's fixtures North Hants Junior Cup semi-finals: AFC Aldermaston A v Tadley Calleva A, Overton Utd A v Andover New St Swifts.

Reading Invitation Cup quarter-final: Westwood Res v AFC Aldermaston Res.

Division 1: Herriard Sports v Silchester Village.

Division 2: AFC Berg Res v Chineham, Basingstoke Ath v Overton Utd B, Twentyten Res v Oakridge.