BASINGSTOKE Town earned a deserved point on Saturday afternoon, as they drew 2-2 with visiting play-off hopefuls Harrow Borough.

Town had two new faces Kian Duncan and Jack Wakely and one returnee in midfielder Manny Williams in their starting line-up, while new signing James Granger was on the bench.

Duncan, a former Portsmouth Academy player slotted into the right of midfield and young Chelsea star Wakely played at centre back.

Harrow had the better of the opening 45 minutes, helped by a strong wind and always looking quicker to the ball.

Only a great full length save from Town’s Tom McGill stopped the visitors taking the lead after 14 minutes, as he beat away a shot from George Moore.

The visitors had a string of corners and they got their deserved goal just on the stroke of half-time as Dylan Kearney was able to poke the ball home from close range after being found by Moore.

If Harrow dominated the first 45 minutes, the second-half belonged to Town and they levelled things up in just six minutes.

The goal came from Ben Wright after he was put through by a lovely pass from Williams.

The home side then looked capable of going on and winning the contest but were hit by a bolt out of the blue as a rare Harrow attack saw Ryan Moss tripped in the box.

The striker dusted himself down and made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-1 after 70 minutes.

Town went in search of an equaliser and only the save of the game from Harrow’s Hafed Al-Droubi denied Shane Hollamby right by the post and Williams then got under the rebound and sent it over the bar.

The home side kept pushing forward with subs Aaron Redford and Zidane Akers added into the mix.

Then in the final minute of the game, a run down the right by Sam Smart, saw him taken out by Nathaniel Oseni and Town were awarded a penalty.

Dean Stow put the ball on the spot and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way to make it 2-2.

The visitors then nearly grabbed an undeserved winner, but Moore fired wide from a good position on the edge of the box.

After the game, Town manager Martin Kuhl said: “I felt we did not do enough in the first 45 minutes and were very lack lustre. I asked for more in the second half and got that.

“I thought when we levelled we would go on and win it, but we conceded a penalty. However, as we came back twice, I will take a point.”

The draw moved Town out of the relegation zone on goal difference with their Hampshire rivals Gosport Borough replacing them.

On Tuesday night, Town are in action again at King’s Langley.