TWO Basingstoke league sides Silchester Village and Hook made into the final four of the North Hants May Cup after last Saturday's quarter-final ties.

The match of the round was between Twentyten and Hook, with the league leaders Hook triumphant after winning a penalty shoot-out after drawing at 90 minutes 2-2.

Although Ally Brown headed against the post from a Dan Mellors cross, it was Twentyten who went in at half time with a 2-0 lead.

Dan Hancock put them in front in the 25th minute after an error by goalkeeper Greg Archer, his 17th goal of the season.

In the 36th minute their lead was extended when Ryan Lupton headed home a Karl Hanks corner kick, making his tally also 17 overall.

The Hook club have won this cup seven times in their long history, the last time was three seasons ago and soon got back in the game when in the 51st minute this time Brown was on target from a Mellors free-kick.

Twentyten looked to be going through until in the 85th minute another Mellors free-kick was put away by Brown and although it was first flagged for offside and disallowed, it eventually stood and this brought the penalty shoot-out.

Morgan Davies, Ben Watson, Dan Allison, Jack McKee and Mellors were successful for Hook, while Hanks, Lupton and Hancock netted for Twentyten and Archer did well to save the spot kick from Ben Osborne

Division One Silchester Village beat Division Two's Oakridge 3-1.

The Division One side forced several corner kicks in the first half, but it was an even contest with Oakridge taking the lead in the 41st minute.

It came about after a mix up between keeper Gary Hibbs and Joe Tallentire, handed Alex Spencer his chance to slot home.

Silchester drew level three minutes into the second half when Peter White scored following a cross from Kye Theodore.

A clash of heads between Nicky Black and Louis Purcell caused a long delay and ended in a hospital visit and stitches.

It was in the 75th minute when Silchester struck again.

It was Theodore with the spade work and then the centre for Stephen Burgess to bundle into the net.

Despite a couple of good saves by Jake Barnes, the Villagers proved the more experienced side and the third came after 81 minutes when White put away his second.

There was no joy for AFC Berg who entertained the May Cup holders Kingsclere and crashed out after losing 5-2.

The Andover League side opened the scoring after 10 minutes when the Berg defenders backed away appealing for offside and goalkeeper Torrin Kirrige had no chance one-on-one.

It was a repeat soon after as they went 2-0 down, but in the 36th minute a long throw from Jessie Todd led to Ashley Elward lobbing the goalkeeper.

Any hopes of a further comeback vanished when Berg conceded again before the break and it was 4-1 before in the 70th minute Mark Howell scored Berg’ second.

There was no repeat as the fifth was conceded late in the game.

Division Two Basingstoke Athletic looked never at the races against Andover League club Broughton, winners two years ago and crashed out well beaten 7-0.

This Saturday's fixtures are North Hants Junior Cup quarter-finals: AFC Aldermaston A v AFC Berg Res, Renegades v Overton Utd A, Tadley Calleva A v AFC Aldermaston Res.

Division 1: Herriard Sports v Twentyten, Hook v AFC Berg.

Division 2: Oakridge v Chineham, Overton Utd B v North Warnborough, Twentyten Res v Basingstoke Ath.