TADLEY Calleva A returned from the Isle of Wight triumphant after beating Newchurch on penalties in their much postponed Hampshire Junior A Cup tie.

It earned them a home tie in round four this Saturday against AFC Hillingbury from Southampton.

They took the lead in the 15th minute when Louis Davies raced down the wing, his cross fell to Bradley Cox and from the edge of the box he found the bottom corner.

Newchurch equalised in added time in the first half from a harsh looking hand ball penalty decision.

It remained at 1-1 until the 89th minute when Bradley Nash, who had come on as sub, was brought down on the edge of the box and Charlie Neville’s free kick put them back in front.

Again it was added time when Newchurch drew level and this brought a penalty shoot out.

Stand in goalkeeper Jack Jones was then to become the hero and match winner.

Not only was he one of the penalty takers and converted, he also made the vital save from the fourth that saw Tadley 4-3 winners. The other two penalties came from Cox, Neville and Lee Calcutt, the fourth and decider.

Basingstoke Athletic missed out in a place in the final of the Hampshire Junior B Cup after they lost 3-0 at home to Portsmouth's Coal Exchange.

Herriard Sports were reduced to 10 men after two of their players were injured in the warm-up, hence a 10-0 Basingstoke A Cup defeat against visiting Silchester Village, who will now entertain Twentyten in the semi final.

Matt Watson in the home goal made some very good saves as Herriard held them to just 2-0 at the break.

An onslaught in the opening 15 minutes of the second half second half saw Silchester score six more.

Their goals came via a hat trick for Kye Theodore, two for Jason Graham, a own goal from Jason Minton and singles for Jack Nisbet, Cullum Tire, Jordon Ingram and Alan Hibbs.

Hook suffered their second Basingstoke and District League Division One defeat of the season, after beaten 1-0 by AFC Berg, who took over top spot from Hook.

In the first half a great strike by Berg's Reece Chapman hit the bar. Their winner came in the 70th minute, after they were awarded a free-kick from 25-yards out which Ashley Elward converted.

AFC Aldermaston Reserves ended up comfortable 5-2 winners against Overton United A.

Aldermaston's goals came from Alex Dumbuya-Fillie (2) James Porter and Ryan Alexander. Overton's pair were scored by Scotty Winterborne.

Renegades remain top of the Division Two after beating AFC Berg Reserves 5-0, with a hat trick from Ricky Smith and George Lagden's brace

Overton United B are hot on the heels of the leaders, a point adrift after a 9-0 win against North Warnborough.

Overton goals were netted by Louis McCann (3), Kevin Beaumont (2), Bailey Roffey (2), Andy Bullock and Steve Caswell.

Following three straight wins, Chineham lost 5-1 against Twentyten Reserves, as Stephen Dean scored four times, while Jack Hulbert netted the other. Chineham lone goal came from the head of Connor Coleman.

This week's fixtures are Hampshire Junior A Cup: Tadley Calleva A v Hillingbury.

Hampshire Junior B Cup: Bishop's Waltham Dynamos Res v Twentyten Res.

Peter Raynbird Cup semi-final: AFC Berg v Twentyen.

Division 1: Hook v Herriard Sports, Silchester Village v AFC Aldermaston Res.

Division 2: AFC Aldermaston A v Oakridge, Chineham v Basingstoke Ath, North Warnborough v Renegades.