HARTLEY Wintney completed their first double of the season with a good display following a narrow win 4-3 over Poole Town.

The Row started well and opened the scoring in just three minutes. A cross field pass from Jack French eluded the Dolphins defence allowing Joe Felix a run towards goal.

The full back fired in a low shot which found the corner of the net.

It was to be an eventful afternoon for Felix; on loan from QPR; one way or another.

Felix almost found the net again but at the opposite end when his attempted clearance went narrowly passed the post on 14 minutes. Hartley almost added to the lead when a slick move three minutes later resulted in Dan Stewart shooting narrowly wide.

On 19 minutes Jordan Alawonda-Williams made good progress down the right for Poole.

His cross found Marvin Brooks who saw his effort saved by a well positioned Adam Desbois in the Row goal.

Poole pulled level on 21 minutes. Referee Andy Bennett spotted a push from Felix in the penalty area after a corner and awarded a penalty kick.

James Constable stepped up and scored with a low shot.

Hartley responded well and gained the upper hand for the remainder of the half.

On 32 minutes Felix made good progress down the right and his accurate pass sent Mickel Platt through.

The striker delayed his shot and then set up Mitchell Parker who was unlucky to see his shot blocked. Then Dolphins goalkeeper Luke Cairney saw his attempted clearance only find French who quickly found Platt who shot wide.

Constant pressure saw the Row get their reward.

Marley Ridge returned a partially cleared corner on 37 minutes and Jack Ball stole in behind the Dolphins defence to score from close range.

Three minutes later, the Row increased the lead. Josh Webb found space on the left and his cross saw Dan Stewart nip in before a defender to score from close range.

Hartley had a good chance to increase their lead further straight after the break. Josh Webb’s pass split the visitors defence leaving Parker through on goal. Cairney in the Poole goal came out and produced a good stop.

The Dolphins worked hard to get back in contention and were rewarded on 53 minutes. Corby Moore gained possession in midfield and his accurate cross saw Luke Roberts head over Adam Desbois in the Row goal and into the net.

Hartley put together some good moves but were let down by the final pass on several occasions.

On 64 minutes a good lofted pass from Louie Paget sent Platt clear but his lob over the outrushing Cairney was just too high and went over.

Four minutes later after a spell of pressure from the visitors, Constable created space but saw his parting shot saved by a well positioned Desbois.

Six minutes later, it was Corby Moore who tried his luck but again Desbois was well positioned to save.

On 82 minutes Hartley made the game safe. Josh Webb released Mikel Platt down the left side of the penalty box and his low cross was converted by Dan Stewart.

The Dolphins plugged away until the end and were rewarded with a third goal in the fifth minute of added time.

A left wing in swinging corner from Moore saw Felix deflect a header into his own net.

After the game joint manager Anthony Millerick said: “We believe that taking six points out of six against a good team like Poole Town is a good achievement.

“I do not think we have reached 100 per cent of our potential just yet but we continue to improve.”

He added: “It is a young team who work very hard; they have a good spirit and give nothing less than 100 per cent.

“Some clubs may have felt that several results we have achieved were a ‘flash in the pan’. The last two results should have hopefully dispelled those thoughts.”

Two goal hero Dan Stewart said: “This is a good club and I feel I have settled in well here.

Despite the short time I have been here there has been a number of changes.

He added: “The team play a high intensity game which is what I like. A feature is that every player in the team wants to play football on the floor.

“I was pleased with my two goals, but I took a kick from the defender when I scored the first which hurt.”

Hartley are away to Farnborough on Boxing Day and then on Saturday travel to Gosport Borough.