EASTROP Eagles progressed through to the next round of the Andover Presidents Cup after seeing off visitors Welcome Stranger last Sunday, writes TONY SPENCER.

The first half brought few memorable moments but it did bring the game's opening goal.

Poor marking left one of the Welcome Stranger players on his own to put the visitors one goal up.

Eagles rallied and were soon on level terms when Kirk Smith delivered a pinpoint free-kick to the back post where Jon Savage was on hand to slot the ball into the net.

As Eagles started to take hold of the otherwise scrappy game, they nearly found themselves in the lead, but Brent Guiblin could not put the ball past the visitors' goalkeeper after waiting an age for the ball to come down.

Eagles continued to dominate and got their rewards with ten minutes of the tie remaining. George Harris took a heavy first touch in the opposition's penalty area, which invited the Welcome Stranger defender in to make a clumsy challenge, resulting in the referee awarding a penalty.

Kirk Smith stepped up, striking the ball towards the corner of the net, but the opposition's keeper guessed correctly to save.

Fortunately for Smith the ball rolled back into his path for him to follow up and score with a tap in, and send Eagles through to the next round.

Tidworth Town comfortably beat Chineham 5-0. Tidworth are unbeaten this season in all competitions and presently enjoying a 14 game winning run, eight of them clean sheets, with only one goal conceded in the last four games, while knocking in 38 goals.

In the Hampshire Sunday Junior A Cup third round, Overton United had a walkover win over visitors AFC Hiltingbury.

Division One of the Basingstoke and District Sunday League saw a close fought meeting between Bramley United and Soldiers Return.

It was a game of many chances for Bramley but they did not take them all as first-half possession was shaved by the visitors.

It was 3-2 at half time to Bramley though, after Colin Bell opened the scoring with a delicious finish.

Soldiers equalised quickly when Bramley's offside trap failed and a cut back by Craig Williams was slotted home for the visitors by Liam Doran.

Stuart Leddy restored Bramley's lead, having nipped in after good work by Ahmet Tuney to make it 2-1.

Soldiers again replied after Bramley failed to clear a corner by Andy Darmody, Dan Southgate stabbed home from six yards.

Colin Bell then added his second of the game firing in across the goalkeeper with an emphatic finish for 3-2 to Bramley at the interval.

In the second half Bramley dominated and wasted several good chances to extend their advantage before Matt Southgate added a fourth, slamming home at the near post 4-2. Soldiers then grabbed another after a free-kick was taken by Craig Williamson from 20 yards out on an angle.

The ball was struck under the wall 'Messi' style but Tim Barnett, between the Bramley sticks, was unfortunate to have the ball deflect off him into the bottom corner.

The final score was 4-3, with Colin Bell scoring in each of his last four games for Bramley.

Republic of Chineham beat Hampshire Irons 4-2.

In Division Two, leaders Camrose Social filled their boots with a 21-0 result over bottom side South Ham Saints.

The goals were racked up by Ben Hobday and Rocky Wyatt with singles, Chris Waller and Jake Gorman with four apiece, Matthew Foreman with five, and Ryan Lupton with another five, all in the last 30 minutes, plus an own goal.

Chineham Cavaliers and New Park Rangers shared a 1-1 draw after the visitors failed to convert some good first-half chances.

Ben Blackwell's solo effort for New Park finally put them ahead on 30 minutes.

Rangers missed three good chances to kill the game off in the second half and Joe Hodge missed a penalty.

Then Cavaliers grabbed a valuable point in the 90th minute with only their second shot of the game on target!

Shallow End were beaten 8-0 by visitors Chineham Reserves, with strikes from Tyler Andrews, Scott Berry with a brace, and four goals from Alex Izzo.