THE outstanding Hampshire Junior A Cup third round tie on the Isle of Wight between Tadley Calleva A and Newchurch, already postponed twice, was abandoned on Saturday at half time with Tadley 1-0 down. The tie is back on January 5, again on the island.

AFC Berg led Overton United A 6-1 in the Basingstoke A Cup quarter final, when the game was abandoned with 10 minutes left.

A decision will made on whether the result will stand.

The Berg goals were scored by Reece Chapman (2), Ashley Elward (2), Kieran Alleyne and Carlos Gonzales.

Hook suffered their first Saturday and District League defeat of the season when beaten 3-2 by Silchester Village at home and so lost Division One top spot to Twentyten.

In the eighth minute Kye Theodore, the Silchester striker hit the post with a fine effort and then in the 26th he gave them the lead with a free kick lofted over the wall.

Hook drew level in the 21st through Tom Lucas, but in the 30th minute a header from Jack Nesbit proved too good for the goalkeeper.

Hook came back again in the 36th minute when Dan Mellors scored the equaliser from a corner.

It took Silchester just two minutes to regain the lead when Nisbet headed home a decent cross from Nicky Black

As the pitch became very heavy both teams suffered, particularly Silchester who had just the bare 11, however although Hook had more of the game, the visitors managed to keep their slender lead and retain their unbeaten league record.

Table toppers Twentyten defeated AFC Aldermaston Reserves 5-0 in the opening day of the season and completed the double over them with a 4-0 win at Stratton Park on Saturday.

It was tight first half when Aldermaston had two good scoring opportunities before Twentyten took the lead.

Dan Hancock forced two very good one on one saves before Jack Clarke put them in front following a Karl Hanks corner kick.

For the second half Ryan Lupton moved up front from midfield and it brought instant results.

His 20-yard shot found the top corner to make it 2-0, he then took a pass from Joe Osborne and chipped the goalkeeper from 25-yards out and finally completed a straight hat-trick with a close range finish.

Renegades went into this Division Two match against Oakridge unbeaten in their five league matches, but the newcomers came down to earth beaten 5-2, who go top.

They took the lead from a penalty in the fifth minute, converted by Terry Dingle after Tom Perry had been brought down.

Danny Costen put Renegades on level terms in the 20th minute, but a header from Aaron Johns from a Conner Parker cross saw Oakridge ahead at the break.

Good build up led to Nathan Bedford laying on the third; put away by Tyler Andrews for an early 3-1 lead and a free-kick from Andrews went through the wall for their fourth.

Johns then made it 5-1 when put through by Parker before Costen scored his second from a Ricky Smith assist and Costen had a chance to complete his hat-trick, but missed a penalty.

In the lower regions of the table Twentyten Reserves moved out of the bottom two, replaced by their latest opponents AFC Berg Reserves, after they beat them 2-1.

It was Berg who took a 15th minute lead when James Tiller-Stevens was on the end of an assist from John Black.

A passing movement up field led to Jack Hulbert passing to Jordon Wainwright who levelled the scores on 30 minutes.

Aidan Parker and Black forced good saves from the Twentyten goalkeeper Adam Burridge, but the Berg goalkeeper Chris Harrison played his part with two excellent saves, including a penalty kick.

It was in the 80th minute when the winner came. Franklin Spacagna running through the square Berg defence dummied the goalkeeper and scored from a tight angle.

Overton United B were leading 8-1 against Basingstoke Athletic when the agreed referee called the game to a halt in the 80th minute due to the severe weather conditions, a decision will be made as to whether the result will stand.

Ross Soper-Dyer opened the scoring in the 20th minute from a Bailey Roffey assist, but a pass from Luke Gore found Ryan Watts who equalised five minutes later.

After this it was all Overton who built up a 5-1lead by half time, goals from Roffey, Andy Bullock, Darren Hutchins and Olly Parker. It became 6-1 from a long shot by Jamie Smith and Hutchins netted his second for the seventh.

The final goal was scored by Siyani Thomas with the assist from Bullock.

The Basingstoke Saturday and Sunday Leagues now takes a two week break for Christmas and will commence fixtures on the weekend January 5 and 6.

My thanks go to all clubs who have contributed with their reports and hope you and your families enjoy the festive break.