ONLY one of the three Hampshire Junior A Cup third round ties survived the weather last Saturday and this saw Twentyten lost out on penalties to visiting Whiteley Wanderers from Fareham.

The Wanderers came boasting a 100 per cent record and ended Twentyten's unbeaten record.

The home side led in the 10th minute after Karl Hanks scored direct from a well placed free-kick.

The visitors responded leading 2-1, but in the 35th minute Ryan Lupton found Joe Hill with a cross and he headed the Basingstoke side level.

As Twentyten got on top Jake Tanner hit the bar and Dan Hancock had good effort cleared off the line.

It remained level until the 55th minute when Lupton outpaced the defence and put Twentyten 3-2 ahead.

Joe Osborne was sent off in the 80th minute and with one minute left Wanderers levelled.

In the penalty shoot-out, only Karl Hanks and Carl Pearson scored of the five taken by Twentyten as they were beaten 3-2 on penalties.

Basingstoke Athletic won through to the semi finals of the Hampshire Junior B Cup after they travelled to to Bordon and defeated Wye Valley Reserves 3-2.

They will play Coal Exchange from Portsmouth at home on January 5 in the final four.

Wye Valley took the lead, but Athletic levelled on the hour mark after Kieran Challis picked up a ball on the right flank, cut in and played a nice ball for James Lounton to finish.

Athletic fell behind against following a long throw, but hit back in the 75th minute when Steve McDonald scored from a Paul Taylor corner.

The winner came with five minutes left to play, thanks to a solo effort from Keyron Hylton.

Renegades made their exit after being beaten by Coal Exchange from Portsmouth 5-2.

After going two goals down early in the game, they were awarded a penalty for handball and Ricky Smith converted.

They were always in the game and equalised in the 60th minute when Matt Baker headed home Ian Ryan's corner.

North Warnborough proved far too strong for AFC Aldermaston A, who was struggling to get a side together, hence a 9-2 score line in this Basingstoke B Cup quarter final tie.

Aldermaston took the lead in the sixth minute when veteran Gary Bone played through for Harrison Edwards to score.

The equaliser came from Borough’s top scorer Benica Oprea who following a long throw from Khalil Bentaleb.

Throughout the game Oprea created five of the goals, as three came in the next 10 minutes from Bailey Craig, Brian Nuttall and Liam Self.

John Scott-Elliott, a new 16-year-old newcomer, scored the fifth early in the second half and as they dominated, two from Matt Hobbs, another from Scott-Elliott.

The final two came before Alex Reeves netted the second for Aldermaston to make it 8-2. The final goal came from Tom Goglan, again from an Oprea corner kick.

There was just the one league game in Division Two where Overton United B won 4-2 at AFC Berg Reserves.

Steven Dea’th was their man winner, with two goals in added time.