BASINGSTOKE RFC the unbeaten league leaders tenth game of the season went as the score line would suggest.

A mainly unchanged side faced a Tottonians II's team who have struggled in the first half of the season, and sit 10th in the table, writes BRAD TURNER.

The hosts looked to use the conditions in the first half with a strong wind behind them, which paid off almost immediately after kick off when number 8 Appleby bounced himself over the whitewash.

Minutes later, after more hard work from the pack, Appleby went over again in similar fashion to double the lead.

The back line then benefited from the drying conditions and put some smart hands together, which led to outside centre James Bristow slicing through the Totts' line and scoring.

This was followed moments later by winger Mick West, to secure the bonus point within the first 20 minutes.

All four scores were neatly converted by fly half Kurtis Eagle.

Following more good work on the wing, West added to his tally, before a slight lull from the home side allowed the visitors into the game.

Strong defence allowed Stoke to regain the ball which led to more well worked scores from flanker Dave Rees and veteran Russell Northcote.

The half finished with two more tries from West and Appleby, both securing their hat-tricks, leading the hosts into half time sitting pretty at 59-0.

The second half started in similar fashion to the first, with captain Rhyan Harmon getting his second try of the season, and Gareth Kelly joining him on the scoresheet soon after, by brushing past numerous Tottonian defenders.

Despite the scoreboard, the visitors plugged away and managed to score after Stoke lost focus and let their discipline slip.

Matt Mairs gave the hosts a much needed boost when scoring at the other end, immediately followed by Mick West securing his fourth try of the match after some well worked hands from the forwards.

Mairs rounded off the game by getting his brace, with James Savine adding the extras to make the final score 92-5 to Basingstoke.