ASHLEY Tait scored an overtime winner as the Basingstoke Bison came from behind to beat the visiting Streatham 4-3.

The Herd saw Lee Richardson join their line-up from Oxford City Stars on a short term deal and they also gave a debut to British defenceman Josh Kelly, while Liam Morris and Dan Weller-Evans were both missing due to injury.

The home side had the better of the opening 20 minutes and took the lead at 7:46, after Russ Cowley batted down a pass with his glove and fed Richard Bordowski.

He returned the puck for Cowley to slam it home.

The first penalty of the night saw the Herd double their advantage, as Bordowski stole the puck from Rupert Quiney and skated into score shorthanded.

Seconds later, the same Streatham player coughed up the puck again, but this time Michal Klejna was denied.

The second session saw George Norcliffe nearly force the puck under Damien King in the Streatham net.

The visitors then pulled a goal back at 22:15 after Tom Ralph fanned on a shot and Scott Bailey stole the puck and skated down the right wing with his shot being tipped passed Alex Mettam, by Ziggy Beesley.

The home side then ran into penalty trouble as Tom Ralph joined fellow defenceman Adam Jones in the sin bin.

Streatham made the most of the two-man advantage as man of the match Leigh Jamieson scored, but the visitors were lucky not to be called for a penalty on Russ Cowley, before the puck hit the net.

The Bison tried to hit back and only a super save with his back leg from King denied Klejna.

The visitors then took a 3-2 lead as Adam Wood made the most of a Jamieson feed.

The home side levelled things early in the final period on their own two-man advantage as Jones’ low shot from the blue line was tipped home by Norcliffe.

In a good hard-hitting contest, the final 20 minutes of the game turned into a real battle as both sides looked for the winner.

The Herd had the most chances, but with no further scoring the game went to overtime.

The home side had the first chance as Tait’s shot found the stomach of King.

Streatham replied, and the very lively Andreas Siagris was denied by Mettam.

The Bison were then given a harsh too many men call, but they produced a great penalty kill with Jamieson going closest to scoring for the visitors.

Just seconds after the penalty expired, Bison man of the match Tait skated clear and the puck flew into the net like a missile to earn his side the two points.

After the game, player/coach Tait said: “We have found a way to lose games recently, but tonight we found a way to win one. We fought our way back and it was nice to score the winner.”

Tonight, the Bison have a tough road trip to the Peterborough Phantoms.