HARTLEY Wintney bowed out of the FA Trophy following a heavy defeat in Devon to an in form Tiverton Town side. With several of the Row players unavailable for the tie an already difficult looking match looked even more daunting before kick off.

Tiverton took control from the first whistle and inside the first minute the quicksilver Levi Landicombe got on the end of a right wing cross from Josh Key but directed his header wide. Landricombe was again in action within two minutes when he created space for a shot from the edge of the box but saw his effort hit the post.

The Row's first attempt arrived on six minutes when Jack French and Ross Cook combined with the latter’s parting effort going wide.

On 8 minutes after constant pressure Tivvy took the lead. Nick Hurst had time to measure a cross from the left and Levi Landricombe was in the right spot to head home.

One minute later, Tiverton extended the lead with the same players involved. Nick Hurst found oceans of space on the left and his measured cross was converted by Levi Landricombe with a low shot from the edge of the box.

For a spell it looked like a double figure score might be recorded by the hosts as they moved through the Row defence with ease.

However it took until the 21st minute for the third goal to arrive. A long punt up field from the Tivvy defence saw a race between Levi Landricombe and a Row defender. The Tiverton striker got his nose in front and shot past Adam Desbois in the Hartley goal for his hat trick.

A minute later Max Smallcombe got free down the middle and forced a good save from Desbois.

On 24 minutes Hartley posted their first effort on target when Jacques Kpohomouh fired in a good shot from 20 yards which found Tivvy keeper Liam Armstrong well positioned to save.

The Row then had a good spell and a good through ball from Jack French saw Mikey Campbell run through and score.

However, the goal was chalked off for offside which must have been close.

On 31 minutes the ever dangerous Levi Landricombe found space for a shot which found Desbois well positioned to save. The Row then pulled a goal back when Ross Cook sent Campbell through and the striker flicked the ball over the outrushing Armstrong.

Before the re-start Campbell went down and had to leave the field with a suspected pulled hamstring. He was replaced by Rowan Vine.

Hartley pressed hard for a second goal and exerted pressure with several free kick situations. However they were undone shortly before the interval when the hosts added a fourth goal. Tom Bath picked the ball up on the left of midfield and moved inside.

With the Hartley defence slow to close him down he fired a spectacular effort into the roof of the net.

The second period started like the first with the hosts fast out of the blocks. Harrison Davis picked out Levi Landricombe’s run and the striker was denied by a good save from Desbois.

However, the fifth goal was delayed by just one minute.

A ball into the Hartley area found its way through to Tom Bath who scored from close range.

With the hosts content to hold the lead Hartley came into the game and Rowan Vine and Ross Cook almost found a way through the home defence before Armstrong came out to save. On 54 minutes a long free kick into the Hartley area fell kindly to the Tivvy forwards who somehow shot over from point blank range. Two minutes later Louie Paget crossed from the left and Luke King headed well wide.

Six minutes later, Romario Hart crossed from the left and King’s header was held by Armstrong.

Hartley continued to press and a good flowing move ended with a strong shot from Jack French being beaten out by Armstrong.

Tivvy had a few opportunities from breaks which they probably should have done better with. However on 76 minutes Ross Cook combined with Louie Paget and the latter’s parting shot went wide, Three minutes from the end a long throw into the Tivvy box was partly cleared to Liam Eagle who fired just over.

A few positives could be taken from a disappointing night for the Row. Romario Hart had a good game and worked tirelessly on the wings. Louie Paget once again showed his versatility by playing well in several roles during the course of the match.

This Saturday, Hartley are away at Wimborne.