BRAMLEY United gathered in a home harvest of goals in the pouring rain to top the Basingstoke and District Sunday League Division One on goal difference, after their fourth win on the trot on Sunday, writes TONY SPENCER.

Bramley were already 3-0 up against visitors Hampshire Irons at half-time with strikes from Adam Bartlett, Ahmet Tuney, and Ben Squibb.

In the second half Bartlett added three more to the score, plus Stuart Leddy and an own goal, the result eight goals without reply.

At Chineham, the first half was played in tough weather conditions.

Eastrop Eagles' goalkeeper Robbie Paul struggled to even get his goal kicks out of his area.

Eagles dealt with the windy conditions well but found themselves 1-0 down at half-time, conceding from a corner.

Nathan Barlow had whipped a corner to the front post where Dan Greenwood netted with a glancing header.

Several chances to increase the hosts' lead went begging, with James Harvey heading just wide and, moments later, Harvey's header went begging at the near post.

After changing ends, Lee Bush gave away a poor free kick and Chineham's Greenwood crossed to the near post for Sam Ashton to head in for 2-0.

Things went from bad to worse as Eagles were reduced to ten men after Adam N’Diti was played through and cynically decked by the Eagles' captain.

Greenwood converted the penalty 3-0.

Eastrop seemed to come to life as Bobbi Frost was similarly brought down by Sam Read in the opposite box.

Manager Nathan Bennis fired the resulting penalty into the bottom corner, 3-1.

With 10 minutes to go Kirk Smith picked up the ball from 30 yards out and struck a thunderbolt shot that flew past the goalkeeper and in off the crossbar into the top right hand corner.

Ten man Eagles continued to press but were unlucky not to get at least a point from the game, Chineham emerging 3-2 victors.

Brookvale United were forced to play at Soldiers Return with the bare 11 men for the whole match, which included manager Steve Sinclair from the start.

A long range swerving shot from Ash Peck gave 'Vale the lead after 25 minutes, which they held until the 70th minute.

A set piece finally undone the tiring United but with a massive hint of handball.

Vale's protests went unheeded by the official, the goal stood, and Brookvale were denied their first win. Soldiers pressed, as the visitors tired in the final 20, hit the woodwork twice but the match ended all square.

Champs Republic of Chineham held on to second place with a comfortable 4-0 win at Tadley Tigers, thanks to Andre Brown, Finlay Hall (2) and an own goal.

Sunday fixtures: Hampshire Irons v Brookvale Utd, North Warnborough v Eastrop Eagles, Rep of Chineham v Chineham, Soldiers Return v Bramley Utd.