HOOK and Odiham RFC were crowned champions of Solent Three after beating Fawley IIs in their final game of the season, writes ROB CRUICKSHANK.

Knowing victory would secure the league crown, the home side got off to a strong start, maintaining possession and going through their phases of play.

However, the strong defence of Fawley set the bench mark from the off, this was going to be a tough game.

The majority of the first 10 minutes were played in the centre of the park with both teams battling it out amongst themselves.

The odd slipped tackle meant that the attacking team could move further away but still no score was made until some close ruck work from the Stags meant that the captain Tom Martin could force himself over from about one yard out. A successful kick from fly half Jack Dingley secured us a 7-0 lead.

After this the heavy hits continued with bodies scattered around the pitch as players looked for medical assistance or perhaps a well-earned water break.

The work rate of the Stags and most importantly patience paid off once more with a try from prop Daniel Gibb, a carbon copy almost of the first try. Not long after this the half time whistle was blown and the home side took a 12-0 lead into half time.

The Stags made a couple of tactical substitutions were made to bring a little more energy into what was becoming a tired team.

They added a penalty from the boot of Jack Dingley from 30 yards out to extend the lead to 15-0.

Fawley's efforts did not slacken off and with about 30 minutes to go they converted a try which they cleverly worked over in the left hand corner making it 15-7.

This score remained the same for some time and although good enough the Stags pushed on.

A break away down the left hand side from replacement and back rower Terry Robson started a very well-orchestrated passage of support play between three others, providing another replacement Mark Ginn to dot down in the corner.

This was enough and with the final whistle blown not long after, the Stags quite rightly celebrated as they now knew they were champions

The team would like to thank all who have shown support over the season, you really did make the difference.

ALDERMASTON RFC enjoyed a 34-16 victory over Chipping Norton in the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Championship.

They conclude their season this Saturday away at Phoenix.

In the Premier, Tadley Tigers also complete their campaign away at Wheatley.