HARTLEY Wintney returned to Alwyn Lane where many happy memories remain from last season when they clinched the Combined Counties League title.

It proved to be another happy visit as the Row secured a very comfortable 4-0 win at Chertsey in this Aldershot Senior Cup tie.

It took Hartley just four minutes to go ahead when Paul Hodges freed James Tennant into the penalty area.

The winger was upended as he was about to shoot and referee James Southwell pointed to the spot. Dean Stow scored the penalty with a strong drive.

The Curfews had their first effort on 14 minutes when Ben Geragthy made good progress down the right. His pass found Bekeli Mukudi who fired wide.

Row responded and on 21 minutes Scott Rees, playing in midfield, created a chance for striker Jack Ball who shot wide.

Three minutes later, with Hartley well on top, good work from Adam Everiss on the left saw his cross headed just past by Paul Hodges. However the second goal arrived on 25 minutes. Good pressing by the Row enabled Ball to gain possession and his accurate pass through to Hodges saw the striker fire low into the net.

Hartley had many efforts and the two most notable were first a fierce drive from Rees which went narrowly over.

Then secondly Everiss created a chance for himself and was unlucky to see his full blooded effort crash off the post.

After the break, the Row continued where they had left off and on 57 minutes increased their lead.

Everiss delivered a good cross from the left and Liam Eagle - Hartley’s goal scoring centre back was at the back post to head home.

The Row introduced Jayden Englefield and the youngster proved to be his usual bundle of tricks with a good display.

A very long run from defence by Steven Duff on 64 minutes took him through the home defence but his effort was saved by Curfews goalkeeper Tom Bryant.

Hartley added a fourth on 79 minutes, as good work down the right between youngsters Louie Paget and Englefield created a chance for Hodges.

The striker saw Bryant do well to parry but Row skipper Stow following up to score from a tight angle.

In the 89th minute, Paget made good progress down the right and his cross saw Englefield shoot just past the post.

Hartley are back in league action on Saturday, when they away to Hanwell and on Tuesday night they are at home to Ashford Town.