TWENTYTEN booked their place in the last eight of the Hampshire A Cup with a 6-1 win over visiting Bournemouth Manor at Preston Candover, one of only three Basingstoke and District League games to survive the weather.

They will now meet the winners of the Tadley Calleva A and Athletico Romsey away in the last eight next month.

Twentyten swept into the lead after 10 minutes when Joe Osborne on the right, cut the ball back for Jake Tanner to net and two minutes later it was 2-0 when Ryan Lupton reacted to a mix up in the six yard box.

In the 30th minute they scored a third after a run and cross from Lucas Pickett led to James Arnold scoring.

Osborne was fouled in the box, but the penalty taken by Joe Hill was well saved.

However, before half time Osborne beat two men and made it 4-0. The Bournemouth side pulled a goal back before in the 55th minute Lupton headed home a Christian Cox corner and Lupton almost scored again when his shot hit the bar from a Pickett pass.

His hat-trick did come in the 70th minute following a short corner by Mikey Davies and he could have scored his fourth when a blocked shot by Tanner fell to him.

Rich Gary was unable to play due to his wife Emma going into labour and at 4.30 pm their son Archie was born. Ryan Lupton would like his hat-trick to be dedicated to him to celebrate the occasion.

AFC Berg travelled to the Isle of Wight and were well beaten 7-2 by Ventnor Reserves in the semi final of the Hampshire B Cup.

The pitch was very boggy and in fact was the only game played on the Island on Saturday.

Berg had quite a good first half and took the lead after just four minutes through Kieran Alleyne following a comer taken by Carlos Gonzales. Ventnor equalised in the ninth minute, but Berg restored their lead when Gonzales scored from a penalty after he had been fouled in the box. Ventnor equalised again in the 25th minute.

Berg had chances to take the lead, as Ash Elward forced a fine save and Lee Neal hit the post, but it remained 2-2 at the break.

In the 49th minute the home side took a 3-2 lead and then added four more before the end of the game.