HARTLEY Wintney remain in the play-off positions following an entertaining draw at in form Uxbridge. The hosts had won four out of their previous five matches including a six goal haul on Saturday plus a win at Moneyfields.

The Row were forced into making changes with Paul Strudley unavailable and Steve Noakes out with a broken toe sustained against Bromley on Saturday. Chris Harris was in goal and Dean Stow played in the centre of defence.

Both sides showed intent in the first few minutes. Good work down the left from Dylan Kearney for the Reds saw a set up for Jamie Burgess who saw his shot bring out a good save from Chris Harris.

The Row responded and Paul Hodges was fouled some 25 yards from goal. Josh Webb’s free kick beat the wall but came back off the outside of the post.

Uxbridge took the lead on seven minutes. A good break down the right from Ben Peden saw an accurate cross which found Prince M’Bengui who headed strongly into the net from 12 yards.

The Row settled and levelled on 17 minutes with a clever goal. A free kick in midfield saw Hartley push up their defenders.

However instead of a delivery to the back post Dean Stow played an accurate pass to Paul Hodges who turned his defender and fired a low shot into the corner of the net.

Hartley had a period of control and on 21 minutes Josh Webb was denied by the goal frame for a second time.

Rowan Vine created space down the left and he set up Webb whose shot crashed off the crossbar with Paul McCarthy in the Reds goal beaten all ends up.

The Uxbridge forwards pace caused the Row defence problems and on 33 minutes Cole Brown got free down the left and his strong shot from a difficult angle brought out a good save from Chris Harris.

It was the hosts who started the half very strongly. Rhyss Rabess released Ben Peden down the right on 47 minutes and his low cross saw Harris dive bravely at the incoming forwards feet to save.

A minute later, the young goalkeeper got into difficulty from a left wing corner which dropped behind him.

Somehow, Steve Duff managed to keep the ball out of the net but damaged his shoulder in the process.

The play continued and in an ensuing goal line scramble the Row kept the ball out. On 54 minutes, the Reds had a free kick in a promising position. Dylan Kearney’s kick beat the wall but just went wide of the post. Steven Duff left the field to be replaced by Louie Paget.

The home side pressure was non stop and on 58 minutes they got the breakthrough. A fast break down the left by Cole Brown saw his cross find Dylan Kearney who scored from close range.

The Row responded and put the home goal under pressure.

On 63 minutes a good run from substitute James Tennant gave Paul Hodges a chance but his shot was blocked. On 65 minutes good play down the right by Rowan Vine saw his shot blocked.

The ball fell to Louie Paget who saw his accurate shot bring a good save from McCarthy.

However the goal was delayed by just one minute when Vine set Jake Baxter free on the right and his cross saw James Tennant place his flick header into the corner of the net.

Play moved from end to end and on 67 minutes a cross from Peden was headed just past the post by Dylan Kearney. On 73 minutes, it was the Rows turn to try their luck and James Tennant fired wide after a good run down the left.

Two minutes later Dylan Kearney set up Cole Brown for a Reds chance but the winger fired wide.

On 79 minutes, the home side had a great chance to take the lead when a long cross from Adam Humphries found the head of Dylan Kearney who headed over when well placed.

It was the turn of Hartley on 80 minutes when Paul Hodges set up Rowan Vine for a shot on the edge of the box but the effort went over.

Three minutes from the end the home side created a shooting chance for Cole Brown who saw his effort saved by Harris.

Row finished the stronger and a cross from Paul Hodges was just missed by Rowan Vine and Jake Baxter in front of goal. In added time a Paul Hodges shot was blocked and Jake Baxter was narrowly wide with the follow up.

Hartley are away on Saturday at Northwood and on Boxing Day (3pm) they are at home to Marlow.