BASINGSTOKE Town suffered the heartbreak of conceding a 92nd equaliser, as they were denied a deserved victory over second placed Weymouth at the Camrose on Tuesday night as it ended 3-3.

Town boss Terry Brown was forced to make a change after centre half Shane Hollamby failed a fitness test, so Charlie Kennedy took his place in the centre of defence. This meant George Bennett moved into midfield and Jordan Goater made his league debut at left back.

The first real chance of the game arrived on 23 minutes and against the run of play Weymouth's Harry Baker was allowed to get in one-on-one with Town goalkeeper Colum McAdden, but he blazed over.

Seven minutes later, Town took the lead as a lovely cross from right from Sam Smart was met beautifully at the back post by the head of Sam Argent.

Soon after, Argent nearly scored a second as he beat Mark Cooper just inside the area and then his drilled shot which was blocked by Callum Buckley.

Soon after a good strike from Weymouth's Brandon Goodship was well held by McAdden.

Town then doubled their lead, as Smart with a wonderful chip beat Mark Travers all ends up in the visitor's goal.

Weymouth then hauled themselves back into the contest, a minute before the break as Goodship poked home from inside the six yard area.

After Weymouth opened the second half the better, but a run from Town's Smart saw him halted by a crude challenge by Josh Carmichael which earned him a booking.

From the resulting free-kick Wright bent the ball away from Travers into the top corner to make it 3-1 after 56 minutes.

However, disaster struck as straight from the kick-off Weymouth scored from Carmichael.

Just two minutes later, and Travers went to grab the ball and did so outside the box and was lucky not to given a red card escaping with a yellow.

From the resulting free-kick he produced a superb save to deny Wright.

As the game entered the final 10 minutes, Town's Goater, who had a solid league debut, fed Wright and his cross saw McKnight just fail to touch home.

At the other end Baker had a shot, which hit Weymouth sub Hayter and flew over the bar.

Then in the second minute of added on time the ball, fell to Goodship on the far right of the area and his volley took a wicked deflection on its way into the net, as the home side were denied the win.

After the game, Brown said: "It was just not fair not to win that game. I am really proud of my players as we were down to the bare bones as we had a number of injuries.

"I think they were the best three goals at the Camrose this season and their goalie has made a save from a free kick when he should not be on the pitch. There was plenty of positives to take from the game, my only disappointment was how quickly we conceded after our third goal."