AFC Aldermaston travelled to a Chinnor looked to avenge an early season defeat and did in fine style as they won 4-1 in the Hellenic League Division One East, writes CALLUM EATON.

In the opening 15 minutes, the home side started well and were pressing high on an Aldermaston defence and this forced goalkeeper Daniel Smith into a few saves.

Midway through the half, The Atom Men settled and found some rhythm with the ball finding the wings giving Dan Alliston and Karl Hanks opportunities to run at their full backs.

This was cause for concern to Chinnor as Aldermaston took the lead when a ball was played wide to Alliston and his cross found Liam Tackley on the edge of the area, where his technical strike flew into the left hand corner of the net.

AFC were leading 1-0 at home to Chinnor in November before going down 3-1. Those memories were still strong in the mind at the half time team talk.

The second half was a completely different story away from home as Kieran Jenning's side came out the stronger. From the off Aldermaston piled pressure on the Chinnor back line and doubled their lead when a cross from the left hand side was stabbed home by Martin King.

Aldermaston were not to rest on their laurels as they went in search of a third goal and they were rewarded when another attack down the left saw the ball delivered into the box.

The most unlikely of players to score with a header, Liam Tackley grabbed his second of the match.

With only 15 minutes to go Chinnor pulled a goal back with a 25-yard strike, which gave them a lifeline.

The match turned feisty as tackles flew in and off the ball challenges were picked up by the linesman.

Controversy struck when Karl Hanks was substituted and attempted to leave the field of play when the referee told him to leave on his side of the pitch to speed the game up.

Hanks agreed and walked off although already quarter of the way across the field. As he walked round the pitch and past the Chinnor goal the referee then decided to stop the play and book him.

This sparked arguments between players and officials and the temper of the game rose.

With five minutes left, manager Kieran Jennings was then sent off for his words on the sideline.

In the 90th minute the drama continued as Micheal Porter was brought down in the box giving Tackley the chance to fire home for his hat trick.

He duly dispatched the kick and took home the match ball as Aldermaston finished with a comfortable 4-1 victory over the struggling Chinnor.

AFC are currently sat in fifth position and could potentially move up to 3rd with a win on the 25th away at Didcot Town.